any chance of a new mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gonnabuyamac, Feb 15, 2008.

  1. gonnabuyamac macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2006
    #1
    ok, so on tuesday i put in the order for my replacement laptop. it still hasn't shipped though, and i'm wondering: if they would release a new mbp tuesday, do you think i would end up getting the new one? i'm assuming if one is coming out that soon they've already prepared shipping them to stores, etc...
     
  2. psychofreak Retired

    psychofreak

    Joined:
    May 16, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #2
    There is a small chance. Don't get your hopes up too high.
     
  3. Pees330 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 26, 2006
    Location:
    Las Vegas, NV
    #3
    If they would release new MBPs and the replacement wouldn't be the new model, you could probably return it and get the update model.
     
  4. gonnabuyamac thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2006
    #4
    yeah, it's just some wishful thinking on my part. :p
     
  5. gonnabuyamac thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2006
    #5
    would they do that if i had a custom order? i upped the hard drive size.
     
  6. lauph macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2007
    Location:
    30 mins from Cupertino
    #6
    Why did u send it in for replacement now? Can't you hold them off with some random excuse and replace it when the new MBP is out? Then it would be a 100% that you get the new one.

    Thats if a new one comes out in the first place.
     
  7. Ryox macrumors 6502a

    Ryox

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2007
    Location:
    UK
    #7
    I'm Buying one regardless on Tues. Cant wait!
     
  8. Praetorian® macrumors regular

    Praetorian®

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2008
    Location:
    Czech Republic
    #8
    I think there's no need to wait for new MBP. Current one is awesome machine.
     
  9. Macnator macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
    #9
    I have the current generation model... I would say there is not much point in waiting... but the current model and be happy.. I did.. and I do not regret it one bit! :)
     
  10. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

    skyrider007

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    Location:
    Bangkok
    #10
    I second this.
     
  11. Macnator macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
    #11
    I third this.
     
  12. aforty macrumors 65816

    aforty

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2007
    Location:
    Brooklyn, NY
    #12
    And I call bullsiht.

    Yes it's a wonderful machine but it's becoming increasingly less justifiable to pay Apple's steep premium for what is essentially now last years technology.
     
  13. lekun macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2006
    #13
    Ditto, ditto, ditto!!! I love the current machine's design and keyboard and everything. But you can get a MacBook with the same hard drive and the same processor and clock speed for $700 less! A GPU and a slightly larger screen isn't $700 increase IMHO. But I don't want a MB, so the wait continues...
     
  14. Zeos macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2008
    #14
    Under this scenario, you would get the old one. As for the release date for the new MBP, it could still be a while since Apple had to commit significant resources to MBP development. That may have thrown them off their usual scheduled update. But then again, it may be released next Tuesday, or the next Tuesday, or the next Tuesday... ;)
     

Share This Page