Any chance of an update soon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Emrtr4, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Emrtr4 macrumors regular

I have looked at the product cycle and I know it says it is safe to buy- but the intel Montevina chips are starting to show up on PC laptops. Also, I know some new mobile GPU's have hit the market.

My question is, I plan on buying a MBP soon (need it for college) and I want to know if you guys think I should wait another couple of weeks or just simply buy my 15' this week?

Thanks

2. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

There are numerous threads about updates. If you need it now...buy it now. If you can wait, then wait.

3. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Wait until you can't and then buy whatever is out. If the new model ships within two weeks, you can always swap it out for the 15% re-stock fee.

I couldn't wait and bought a 15". I love it and even if Montevina does everything plus cook dinner (via an ExpressCard microwave transmitter), I will think no less of my current unit and have no regrets about buying it.

4. peejack macrumors 6502a

Is there a rumor that a new one will be out in 2 weeks then?

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

another person wanting a 15 foot macbook pro i see:D

6. Standard macrumors regular

I am going to stick it out about another 4 weeks, if nothing arrives by then I will purchase our current generation of MacBook Pro's. If you can wait, do so. If not, buy now!

7. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Yea, those are getting pretty high in demand! :p

8. m1stake macrumors 68000

Unfortunately, the same 8600GT is under the hood. The display is triple quadruple double super HD. It feels sluggish on a good day, but the screen real estate replaced my lawn!