Any Chance of iWork '11 Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by appleguy123, Jan 10, 2011.

1. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Do you think that Apple might have iWork '11 to show off tomorrow at the Verizon iPhone event? I think that they might for these reasons:

1.The Mac AppStore referenced iWork '11 on release day. I bet they pulled it out of the store at the last second to add to their announcement.

2. The date. 1.11.11 on a Tuesday for iWork '11. Could you imagine a better possible release date?

3. Maybe the rumored iWork for iPhone will finally come out, and need iWork '11 to sync.

Thoughts?

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I dont think so only because its a Verizon sponsored event.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Nah, it is a Verizon event, not an Apple event

4. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

But I heard that Steve Jobs might be giving the Keynote. Also, iWork for iPHone could come out. That'd be a feature worth showing.

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

He is making an appearance to discuss the iPhone. It would be silly for him to go up and down about how Apple is making the iPhone available to 93 million more customers and then oh.... one last thing, heres iWork 11.

btw, iWork for iPhone is a terrible idea.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

7. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I see them waiting until a little while after the Mac App Store has been out to do it so they don't look bad to anyone who bought iWork apps in the last few days. Late Feb or March is more likely. Remember, tomorrow is an announcement, the iPhone won't be available to Verizon for 4-6 weeks. If anything an iWork update could coincide with an iPad 2 announcement event.

8. JKK photography macrumors regular

JKK photography

I can see it just being released, but I doubt that anything will be said at the event about it. Honestly, I don't expect Jobs to show up; instead, I expect one of the other executives to comment on how they are "pleased to work with Verizon, and to offer the iPhone to x amount of customers."

But hey, 1/11/11: I can see it happening.

9. Dias macrumors 6502

Maybe Apple is just waiting to take its online store down (due to new iPhone) to introduce new iWork and iPad. Not sure about iWork, but as far as iPad is concerned, it appears to be (so far) not a big deal of an upgrade to deserve an event of some sort. iWork is not a cash cow either for Apple.

10. cav23j macrumors regular

i would imagine it will be announced at the iPad 2 event soon
    they will go into iWork 11' and the iPad version then go into the new iPad announcement