Any chance of the youtube app getting updated?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jabingla2810, Jan 22, 2010.

1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Im sick of the horrible quality of videos while trying to watch over edge or 3G.

I dont know if its o2/AT&T or apple who has enforced this limitation.

Friends of mine have got new phones recently, not iphones, and youtube looks great on their handsets.

The videos obviously take a little longer to load, but nothing drastic

Does anyone else share my feelings?

Do you think it could get an upgrade along with OS 4.0?

I dont see why iphone users get awful quality youtube, when others on the same network get much better quality videos.

2. MasterTick macrumors 6502

Jailbreak, download 3G Unrestrictor and your problem is solved.

It automatically defaults to the lower quality so the network won't get strained.

3. gunnarliden macrumors newbie

while i'm not jailbroken anymore, that did do the trick, it looked great with 3g unrestrictor.

I can't even get logged onto the youtube app 75% of the time anyway, usually having to go through the website

4. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

core apps like youtube will only likely be updated when iphone OS is updated. so probably when 4.0 comes out, if at all.

5. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

I heard its getting updated with bing video search :D

6. alent1234 macrumors 603

with the Google HTML 5 news today i think it's not getting updated or going to be removed in OS 4 so Google found a way to keep YouTube on the iphone.

i've read that Google charges in the tens of millions of $$$ for access to the youtube API and maybe Apple didn't want to pay anymore?

7. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

I hope it does get updated. I've always had trouble with the Youtube app, slow searching, poor quality video etc.