Any chance OIS makes its way into iPhone 6S (4.7")?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Dec 24, 2014.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

Seeing as how the iPhone 6 is the better selling model I think Apple has an incentive to try to bring the OIS feature from the 6+ into the smaller model. Is one year enough time for Apple to figure out how to squeeze the OIS components into the thinner 6 model? Can we see it make into the 6S model next year?

2. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

3. DavidBlack macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

Only time will tell :roll eyes: But, I think it should (if the components get small enough)

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It might but OIS hardly makes a real-world difference.

5. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Actually it does.

For once, I can actually shoot at a shutter speed of 1/4s on my 6+ and get almost shake-free results.

And OIS really does make a massive difference in telephoto lenses. I could never use a 400mm lens, handheld without OIS.

6. meistervu macrumors 65816

For the wide 28mm lens in the iPhone 6/6+, I think OIS will help with video, but I am doubtful that it is effective with photos. I owned a few Canon OIS lenses, but they are all pretty long lenses.

7. yjchua95 macrumors 604

It's only effective when it comes to low light. For once, I can actually shoot at 1/4s and get an almost shake-free image. But it really shines when I use an Olloclip macro lens attachment.

And I've also got a few tele L-series lenses with IS, and they're indispensable.

And I've come to appreciate it most on my 100mm f/2.8L macro (hybrid IS).

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You're confusing OIS with Cinematic Video Stabilization, which both the 6 and the 6+ have. OIS isn't used in video. True about OIS not making much difference in the iPhone because of the very wide fixed lens as opposed to a 300mm zoom lens on a DSLR.

----------

Why are you talking about other lenses? I'd say that's placebo effect in the iPhone.

9. edfoo macrumors regular

Are you an Apple employee and you know something that we all don't?

10. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Nope just using common sense and esp.

IDK if it's go be to be in the iPhone 6s. Common sense tells me Apple will include it, but unless I am a high ranking Apple employee I wouldn't know anyway.

Dude asked a question NO ONE can answer, but do I think it will be in the 6s ... YES. Do I know 100% ... No ... No one does.

It's my answer doesn't deserve a smart elleck question back to it...

BTW ... Very Merry Christmas

11. meistervu macrumors 65816

Interesting, for some reason I assumed it was. I use my Canon 24-105 IS for video and image stabilization actually helps.

I did look at a YouTube review in which the guy had both the 6 and 6+ attached to the same rig. I could not tell if the 6+ video was smoother so you may be right.