Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I think my brother is finally wanting to switch to iPhone. He was about to order one and they’re not delivering until December 29 from Apple or AT&T.

If I put an order in, is there any chance it could maybe come early?

Reactions: Ram65

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Way things are headed, it's hard to say. Not sure of the situation in China as currently is a lockdown due to Covid. Not sure when they will lift that. Just have to ride it out.

If you or your brother lives near an apple store, I'd recommend checking stock. It's a long shot but some apple stores still do get some shipments so they still can get some whatever was built before the lockdown. I've seen few stores around me today have stock but they go really really fast.

Reactions: compwiz1202

tuanlouis

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2020
In my country, every model of iPhone is on stok at the Apple Authorised Resellers. I'm surprised that there is a shortage of supply in countries where Apple Stores are placed.

Mikeske

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2012
Washington
I was out of curiosity checking around various places today and the local Best Buy had limited stock and also my cell phone carrier had stock in a couple stock in but that will not last long as it is fluid on what is available

TechLord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2020
Regularly check stock of local apple stores. When waiting for mine my delivery still had weeks left but my local applestore had a huge shipment in between and had every model in stock for same day pick up.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Theoretically, if Apple states December 29th then they’re confident they’ll deliver it by that date or typically sooner—sometimes much sooner.

Production delays may make for a pre-Christmas push, so delivery a week earlier might be plausible.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Try checking the Apple store a few times a day. I was able to nab the exact model and storage and color by doing so but it took 7 days (black iPhone 14 pro with 256gb).

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Way things are headed, it's hard to say. Not sure of the situation in China as currently is a lockdown due to Covid. Not sure when they will lift that. Just have to ride it out.

If you or your brother lives near an apple store, I'd recommend checking stock. It's a long shot but some apple stores still do get some shipments so they still can get some whatever was built before the lockdown. I've seen few stores around me today have stock but they go really really fast.
Don't know about Apple dates, but I've heard some with AT&T getting long dates and shipping within a week or getting like a month out. and then an email days before adding another month.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Try checking the Apple store a few times a day. I was able to nab the exact model and storage and color by doing so but it took 7 days (black iPhone 14 pro with 256gb).
The last two weeks stock near us tanked. It looks like the second week after launch again. Before like two weeks ago, I could find three PM on the list. Not always the exact ones, but PM were on the list. Now not even regular Pros show now.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Theoretically, if Apple states December 29th then they’re confident they’ll deliver it by that date or typically sooner—sometimes much sooner.

Production delays may make for a pre-Christmas push, so delivery a week earlier might be plausible.
Problem is there will be people who won't order once it slips past Christmas. They won't take a chance that it might be early.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Got it. I guess us socal folks have an advantage. There’s tons of apple stores with in a two hr area. I’d buy one for a fee lol.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Got it. I guess us socal folks have an advantage. There’s tons of apple stores with in a two hr area. I’d buy one for a fee lol.
Yea I'm always amazed by the ones with absolutely no store in 100mi. Looks like at least 10 within 100 mi with one a little over five away for us

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
is there any chance it could maybe come early

In normal years they usually beat the projected delivery date.

That was the case before China lockdowns and supply side problems. I have had 2 products (Studio, monitor) that had their shipping dates changed to later dates 2 times. They arrived months later than the original prediction.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
I think my brother is finally wanting to switch to iPhone. He was about to order one and they’re not delivering until December 29 from Apple or AT&T.

If I put an order in, is there any chance it could maybe come early?
The way things are going with Covid, in china, I hardly think they will be here early. If anything dates could be pushed back.

• Sad

kstotlani

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2006
I ordered a while back and my date is between November 22nd to November 30th. No movement yet.

Pro max 256 GB silver

Update - November 24th - preparing to ship - credit card charged.

Update - November 25th - shipped.

Update - November 26th - estimated delivery updated to 28th November.

Final update - delivered 28th November

Last edited:

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
Read the news. Apple phone assemblers are rioting and being beaten. Covid is a huge problem.

‘’’Apple needs to get its assembly out of communist china.

Reactions: robotica

Torty

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2013
Just checked for 14pm. If I would order today I get the 27th of dec. A few days ago it was the 29th of dec.
So availability seems to become better.

Torty

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2013
Read the news. Apple phone assemblers are rioting and being beaten. Covid is a huge problem.

-> this is exactly what you should think. That’s why you read it in the news. What’s true and what’s not. who really knows…

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
-> this is exactly what you should think. That’s why you read it in the news. What’s true and what’s not. who really knows…

‘Thanks, it is what I think. When ever possible we should remove manufacturing out of china.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.