Any chance the T-connector gets dumped for 2013?

calvol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
I have a 2010 13" MBA, and may upgrade, but only if Apple goes back to the L-connector.

RadDave

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2013
North Carolina
I have a 2010 13" MBA, and may upgrade, but only if Apple goes back to the L-connector.
Well for those who may not know the difference in connector types - see the pic below. I bought a r-MBP at the end of March w/ the T-connector - now, I've seen complaints (or compliments) about both adapters. So far, the connector has not been a problem for me, but this is my den chair computer on Wi-Fi, so little stress put on the connector - will be interested in your more specific comments and those of others - thanks - :)

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
Really? You will or won't buy a laptop because of the connector? Just buy the adapter for $10.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Really? You will or won't buy a laptop because of the connector? Just buy the adapter for $10.
I too am disappointed that the MagSafe 2 is only available in the "T" connector. I do continue to use my older "L" style connectors with the adapter... buthat also extends it out as well... and is not as good as a "native L" connector.

If Apple introduces an "L" Magsafe 2... I'll probably buy 2 or 3 of them.

/Jim