Any chance we'll see a new Mighty Mouse at Macworld?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MVApple, Dec 15, 2008.

1. MVApple macrumors 6502a

I have a Logitech VX Revolution that I love, but my new Macbook Pro has only two USB ports and having one of them taken up by my mouses wireless adapter is annoying. I haven't seen a single nice bluetooth mouse either. The main reason I love my Logitech mouse is because it's ergonomic. I would go for the Mighty Mouse but given all the problems I hear and that it's not shaped ergonomically I'm hoping Apple releases a new and improved mouse that doesn't have the trackball problem and that is ergonomic.

If not I'm crossing my fingers that Logitech releases a VX Revolution that works on bluetooth.

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

3. iMacmatician macrumors 601

4. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

I don't have any problems with the Mighty Mouse ... just make sure I clean the ball once a week with a little chunk of 'JML Magic Eraser' and it works fine.

Dunno what they would do but a multi-touch mouse sounds interesting ;)

- D

5. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

My nephew has a VX Revolution, and it is anything but ergonomic for me. The thing is way too big, it weighs a ton, and the button placement is all wonky. I also use my mouse both right- and left-handed, so that thing is a nightmare.

The only thing I think Apple could do to improve the Mighty Mouse would be to replace the scroll ball with a touch sensor, preserving the four "buttons" and 360-degree scrolling.

6. MVApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

You must have hands the size of a 5 year old if you think the VX is too big. I'm guessing you're confusing it with the MX which I've never used but have seen in stores. My initial impression was that it was big, but I can't comment much beyond that as I've never used it. The VX is a smaller version of the MX, the VX being the portable version and the MX being the desktop version. Like I said, the VX fits your hand like a glove. It's shaped the way your hand would naturally rest on a mouse, but of course if you like to switch between left and right handed use then that'll be a problem.

I had a mouse I use to switch between left and right hand use but that was only because after several straight hours of computer work, my hand would start to hurt. Ever since I bought the VX I've never even thought about switching because not once have I experienced any discomfort, even after long hours.

7. shoopaman macrumors 6502

shoopaman

without a hint of sarcasm, I can't be that disciplined, power to your diligence, and that is why I like the logitech vx; no maintenance needed... Just hoping :apple: will build us something that is less annoying!

multi-touch mouse does sound intriguing

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I haven't had problems with my Mighty Mouse. I clean it every month or so, and it still looks like its new. I would get a Logitech, but my MacBook only has two usb ports. I also would rather have a nub on my mouse (scroll ball) rather than a bigger nub (receiver) using up one of my 2 usb ports and have it sticking out.

9. bjorn989 macrumors member

I think I can safely say that the Mighty Mouse is the only product that I HATE. The mere thought of cleaning a ball on a mouse takes me back to the 90s.

I think that Apple would be better off redesigning the whole thing from scratch than keeping its current shape, which must count as one of the most uncomfortable in the market.

The only thing I like about the Mighty Mouse is the fact that it confuses Apple-haters into thinking that Apple haven't created a two button mouse. It is funny to watch them realise their main anti-mac argument has been wrong for years...

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I hope so, the mighty mouse, airport, time capsule and various wires are the only apple products that still sport the old plastic white (that I can think of)

11. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Apple don't do ergonomic. They prefer form over function.

12. svndmvn Guest

it shouldn't be that hard to put a sensor(be it laser or whatever),even a touchable thing that can actually understand you're moving your finger, in the ball's place,that would make Apple sell a lot more Mice,I believe. Nothing to complain about the ergonomics, even though I suppose it will get flatter,more iPhonish.