Any chances of getting your money back?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Super Xander, May 15, 2017.

1. Super Xander macrumors regular

Super Xander

Hello
    I bought my 2016 TB MacBook Pro when it came out, but it has been great until February.

I'm under education and takes a lot of notes, and it seems like the keyboard started to get more and more stuck on the keys I use most. I can definitely feel a different on the once I use most and the ones I never do.

I got my upper top replaced for 2 month ago, and helped so far, now the keys started to get stuck again.
    I know it is a problem a lot of you have, but anyone got money return og gift card to Apple in the value of your computer (or something like that?) Or do you just keep getting the keyboard replaced until your Apple Care are expired?

2. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502a

ApolloBoy

Have you tried blasting it with compressed air? I have a rMB and compressed air usually fixes stuck keys for me.

3. Super Xander thread starter macrumors regular

Super Xander

Yes I have, since January, and it works great.
    But even with a new Bottle of compressed air, it is now started not to work fully either

4. MrGuder macrumors 68020

You need to bring it back to Apple and advised it was repaired once and now you need it fixed again for the same issue. Then you need to wait and if it happens again (same issue) then you must take it back to Apple a 3rd time requesting another fix but this time you must claim the lemon law, 3 times for same issue warrants replacement or refund. Sorry but you got to follow the correct protocol, keep all documentation for later reference.

5. Super Xander thread starter macrumors regular

Super Xander

Wow nice! I will look it up, thanks. Documentation for everything so far and now are waiting for a call with Apple.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think at this point that's where everyone is repair wise. I believe there may be threshold where apple may decide to replace the machine but I don't think anyone has gotten there yet with their numerous keyboard repairs.

Good luck

7. Ma2k5 macrumors 6502a

Ma2k5

When I had the same issue, I asked if I could just get a refund/exchange it instead of repair. This was at John Lewis however, at first they wanted me to go for the repair option - but I advised them that this issue is very likely to just come back due to the nature of the keyboard. At the end they agreed, so you could give it a go.

Miss the 2014 keyboard - people keep talking about wobbly keys, when it was never a problem before. The fact that they wobbled wasn't a defect, it is just basic physics due to mechanism/shape....