Any changes by August?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ktm.Moto, Mar 9, 2011.

  1. Ktm.Moto macrumors member

    Jan 9, 2011
    Hey guys, I will be going off to college next fall and will be getting a Macbook Pro 15". My question is, do you think they will change at all by August of this year? I can buy one by early May, or wait til August, right before I leave off to college. I know it's a ways out, but just wondering what you guys know or think. Thanks!
  2. Mix macrumors member

    Feb 25, 2011
    Its usually around 10-12 months when they update the macbook pro. So december is looking like the earliest. If you can wait till August then you might as well do so as Lion will be released in the summer so you can get that without having to pay for an upgrade.
  3. babyt macrumors regular


    Jul 28, 2009
    Their a college student. it's only gonna be a 30$ upgrade
    Plus you don't always want the first version os. Let the major kinks be worked out first
    Just buy now
  4. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

    Dec 26, 2009
    Yes, there will be October upgrade. It's worth waiting for it.
  5. Mix macrumors member

    Feb 25, 2011
    Well if you saying let the major kinks be worked out he shouldnt buy now as you have suggested and he should buy in a few months as the macbook pro 2011 has only just been released and there are bound to be problems that arrise.

    If it was me and I didnt need the laptop right now I would wait as long as possible not because of refreshes/OS upddates but because he simply doesnt need it and he can gain extra time on warranty aswell as save a little extra cash just incase he wanted to upgrade.

    But if he does even in the slightest need it now he might aswell go for it as updates are constant and he will always be waiting for an update.

    But I have to say that the new macbook pros smash the 2010 ones due to the quad core but I cant see the 2012 macboook pro being that much faster as the quad core was such a huge improvement.
  6. Mix macrumors member

    Feb 25, 2011
    Thats only 8 months away and I cant see that happening. Usually 10-12 months
  7. mike2732 macrumors member

    Feb 22, 2011
    If there is a October update, as there as been in the past (a Feb update, then a Oct update in the same year), then it will be a very small update. (maybe a speed bump in processor) but nothing major like a body rework, or a new gfx card.

    \\ I should mention I am also going to university next year, I'm planning to order the new 15" tomorrow, expected to get it 2 weeks from tomorrow. Going to be a hell of a wait.
  8. Mix macrumors member

    Feb 25, 2011
    A tiny speed bump could happen but yes not big update untill 10-12 months
  9. Ktm.Moto thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 9, 2011
    Thanks for the replies guys! I think I will just wait it out and gain my extra warranty time. I have a desktop that works great so I am in no rush to get one "now."

    The setup I'm looking to get is:

    15" Macbook Pro
    128GB SSD
    4GB Ram (Update to 8GB on my own)
    2.2ghz processor
    Hi-Res Antiglare screen
    Mac Office 2011
  10. mikepro macrumors 6502

    Sep 3, 2010
    Don't forget, they usually have a back to school promo in fall that gets you a free iPod Touch with macbook purchase. That sweetens the wait.
  11. Andeavor macrumors 6502

    Aug 19, 2010
    babyt meant the major kinks in the OS, not the hardware itself.

Share This Page