Any Chinese around? :P Need help identifying one audio track

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by donjao, Oct 1, 2012.

1. donjao macrumors member

o/

Well, I don't know Chinese lang at all, well, except for 'Ni hao' :) And recently I've heard one audio track that I liked a lot.

If there's anyone who could help me find out what that track is — I would pray for a beer delivered to that person! :D

Well, I even don't need identification, just if anyone could _write_ me the words that are sang there — I would be abel to google it myself! :)

Here,s the MP3: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29581875/Chinese Track.mp3

Thanks in advance! ;)

2. drsoong macrumors member

Hi,

I am not a native speaker, but interested learner of chinese. I took your question as a little exercise for myself, but didn't get far:

The song seems to be about a little empress looking for her lover at a dike, and the guy seems to be in a boat or so. Chinese can be quite ambiguous, and I could only recognize these (any native speaker might very well prove me wrong):

"zou chao xiang" = "走朝向" (go facing...)

"shuiba" = 水坝 (dam/dike)

"xiao nv huang" = "小女皇" (little empress)

I did a bit of google-search, but didn't come up with any hit for the lyrics. I guess someone giving a complete line, might narrow down the search. But beware, this will pop up Google results with Chinese characters only. It might be more instructive to search for the title - but I am not sure if what it would be.

Maybe my gibberish helps a bit. ;-)

-Drsoong

3. drsoong macrumors member

What have we iPhones for?

Hi,

an app I have known about, but have never used until now, called shazam, is truly helpful. I first didn't expect it to be much help for a chinese song, but...

... it worked perfectly.

The most difficult part was getting the youtube-result from the iphone to the :apple: Mac. :( I had to write the characters in the dictionary and search for those in youtube*

Here you go! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGGRrcMixnQ

* If anyone knows a simple way to mail the url of a youtube video from shazam, please tell me. ;)

-Drsoong

4. donjao thread starter macrumors member

Omg, Drsoong

Thanks very much for everything: effort, informative explanation and..just bowing! Thanks man! As promised, praying for your beer! ;)

5. drsoong macrumors member

You are welcome

Hi,

you are welcome. I consider it an exercise for myself. The song is nice, too.

I wait for the arrival of the divine beer. :D

-Drsoong