iPad Any classic C64 games for iPad? Non jailbrake?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MrMister111, Apr 2, 2017.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

Love to play some of the old classics from my yester-year, mainly on C64.

I know Atari have some official iOS apps, I'm no jailbrake iPad etc, but do others as well? Can't find them in UK.

Stuff like...
    Raid over Moscow
    Infiltrator
    Ace of Aces
    Critical Mass

Or will I have to use the Mac, there was a good emulater for it, OpenEMU but don't think does C64, but just think would be good on an iPad.

Thanks

2. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

There were apps (e.g. C64: Elite Collection) in the App Store that were originally available on various game consoles including Commodore 64. I Google and found a few lists e.g. here and here (emulators) but most of these weren't anymore in the App Store (such as this Manomio official C64 emulator).

These are the games I could find:
    - Sid Meier's Pirates! (iPad version, iPhone version) - please note both haven't been updated in ages, so don't know if still works on current iOS versions.
    - Ultima IV: C64 - hasn't been updated since 2013 so don't know if it still works on current iOS versions.
    - Sidtracker64 (not a game)

I did also found this forum topic devoted to C64 and iOS and they mentioned that there are workaround with e.g. Power DOS which is available in the App Store + PC with iExplorer + Google for C64 emulator (see forum topic for details). I'm not sure though if jaibreaking is needed there. I don't think so.

3. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

There is iPad versions of frogger and wolfenstein,two real C64 classics.

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

You know I'm sure I might have had that C64 elite collection in there post in not sure. It even has raid over Moscow on it as well!!

Unfair that sometimes you pay for something, then it disappears though in the app store, and then I can't find it, is this legal? I've bought something now I can't find it...