Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blue2noise

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Hello there,

I have my 2014 MBP covered with BodyGuardz clear skin that I put on it right out of the box. It does a great job not only protecting the outside, but it especially protects where I rest my wrists from the Apple Watch scratching it.

I do not see Zagg or BodyGuardz offering one for the new MBP yet and I want to get something to protect it out of the box.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reactions: cerberusss

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Hello there,

I have my 2014 MBP covered with BodyGuardz clear skin that I put on it right out of the box. It does a great job not only protecting the outside, but it especially protects where I rest my wrists from the Apple Watch scratching it.

I do not see Zagg or BodyGuardz offering one for the new MBP yet and I want to get something to protect it out of the box.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

as with all apple products including ios devices, new forms require time. how long, no one knows.

cerberusss

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2013
The Netherlands
Would be tough as they'd need a live product to do fitment testing. That could be kinda hard.

I'd expect them to send dimensions to case manufacturers as soon as possible, but perhaps that didn't happen :-/
[doublepost=1478960812][/doublepost]
I did find these
Interesting... Currently I have a Speck hard case around my MBA and it has protected it very well for more than three years now. Mainly against bumps into things on my desk, and the occasional door opening.

I don't have experience with these skins; how thick are they? Are they mainly there for preventing scratches? Or is it thick enough to protect against bumping as well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.