Any clever or witty cases for the iPhone 5 yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by flipn0tic, Oct 5, 2012.

1. flipn0tic macrumors member

Like how the 4/4S had cases that looked like Gameboys, NES controllers, boomboxes, vintage cameras, etc?

2. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

3. flipn0tic thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Did not know about Etsy. Full collection here:

http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade...ne+5&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US&min=0&max=0

4. alent1234 macrumors 603

5. tangfj macrumors member

society6.com has a ton of cases with different designs. i've never bought from them but they have a lot of cool looking artsy/hipster designs.

6. tekno macrumors 6502a

Fascinates me that people buy such a well designed phone and then shove these tacky cases on them.

Makes me wonder why Apple bothered taking Samsung to court when all people ever see of the iPhone is the screen.

7. gumbo2000 macrumors newbie

So you came into this thread why exactly?

8. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

9. tekno macrumors 6502a

To say what I said in my previous post.

10. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

11. gumbo2000 macrumors newbie

Your retort shows as much brilliance as posting in a thread you had no interest in to begin with.

12. adztaylor macrumors 68000

People want to personalise their phone. Just because it isn't for you doesn't mean it isn't for anyone else. Ahh the world would be such a boring place if we were all the same.

And yes most people do just look at the screen of the iPhone. What do you do? Spend hours admiring the back?

13. Mr.C macrumors 601

To be fair Tekno is entitled to his opinion and its one that I happen to share too. Yes people are free to and can cover their phones with any kind of case they want. That said It's not unreasonable to question why people would want to use such cases. Some people would say they look great as well as add protection whilst will and do think they are tacky. It's just an observation in my opinion and not necessarily a criticism. Forums are after all meant for discussion and sharing different opinions.

14. gumbo2000 macrumors newbie

Agreed.

Of course it isn't unreasonable to question why people use such cases. However, why go into a thread and be condescending? Why call it "tacky"?