Any clock radios compatible with the iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eye.surgeon, Jan 27, 2008.

1. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

Since I charge my iphone nightly on my nightstand, I figured I might as well have a clock radio that acts as an iphone dock. Surprisingly I haven't been able to find one. Seems like a no-brainer for manufacturers out there. Anybody know of one?

2. docprego macrumors 65816

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

Doesn't act as a true dock in that it doesn't connect to your computer but it does allow you to play and charge your iPod.

Here's a few more I found:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8473038&st=iPod+clock&type=product&id=1185265539691
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8266654&st=iPod+clock&type=product&id=1170290214912

I have no experience with any of these, just enjoy doing the research.

3. eye.surgeon thread starter macrumors 6502

None of those products you listed are compatible with the iphone :confused:.

Anybody?

4. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

5. FunkyJunk macrumors regular

FunkyJunk

On a related note, does anyone know how to block the "buzz" the phone causes with other devices? My wife has a noise machine that she relies on to get to sleep, and even having the phone on the opposite nightstand causes the noise machine to buzz occasionally. Very annoying.

I'm going to try making a small shield of tin foil tonight to see if that works, but a more elegant solution might be nice. I used to use the iPhone as our alarm clock, but we've had to go back to a normal clock radio due to the buzz problem.

6. docprego macrumors 65816

Oops I never saw the word iPhone, I was thinking iPod the whole way. Doesn't the iPhone use the same dock connector though? Why wouldn't it be compatible?

7. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

Airplane mode will block it.. (but i think you were wanting a better answer than that....)

It does use the same dock plug, but most ipod things aren't "Compatible" .. in my experience they will work, just not in the most elegant way.

I've had luck with the ihome in airplane mode...

8. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Apparently there are conflicts with the internal radio devices in the iPhone (GSM/Wi-Fi). Go to target/best buy, etc and try the different radios out. With all the version updates to iPhone, maybe they fixed some of these. You will get an error that says it is not compatible if it doesn't work and have the option to put iPhone into plane mode to make it work on some.