Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Monaj

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2009
Hi all,
I am searching for some cocoa code on AES encryption and I did some google search for it. I found this very useful link -
HTML:
http://iphonedevelopment.blogspot.com/2009/02/strong-encryption-for-cocoa-cocoa-touch.html
. So I tried it but it did not work for me.:(

Can anyone suggest me some useful link or source code which can help me to implement it in my sample application.

Thanks,
Monaj

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
What didn't work about it?

Why do I always get the feeling people get on here asking these questions so we'll do their work for them?

petron

macrumors member
May 22, 2009
Malmo, Sweden
What do you want to do ?

If you need an Mac App, I have written an App that utilizes the OpenSSL. It is a system call wrapper. It does not use the OppenSSL lib interface calls.

/petron

Monaj

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2009
What didn't work about it?

The method:
- (NSData *)AESEncryptWithPassphrase:(NSString *)pass..... is returning (null) in place of encrypted data... can I get source code for AES encryption decryption which I can include in my application? :confused: I tried to search some over net but I cannot get any working cocoa source code

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
The method:
- (NSData *)AESEncryptWithPassphrase:(NSString *)pass..... is returning (null) in place of encrypted data... can I get source code for AES encryption decryption which I can include in my application? :confused: I tried to search some over net but I cannot get any working cocoa source code

Did you check the value in &error?

People are more willing to help when it looks like you're trying and not just asking us to do your work for you.

sapplesystems

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2009
Do we need to import any framework or library to use AESEncryptWithPassphrase or other methods starting from AES. I am using AESEncryptWithPassphrase method to encript a nsdata object. My code is :

NSData *encryptedData = [xmlData AESEncryptWithPassphrase:mad:"My secret password"];

where xmlData is an object of nsdata.

But my code breaks on this line.

Can someone help me in solving this.

Thanks in advance.

Gaurav

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Why do you mean by "breaks?"

also, do you people even try to debug on your own? The error message almost certainly tells you precisely what's wrong, but you folks never bother to share the message with us. I've seen a million messages like this on here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.