Any comparison charts between the Apple watch and the Pebble?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by AppleFan360, Jan 15, 2015.

1. AppleFan360, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015

AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Has anyone seen any direct comparisons between the Apple watch and the Pebble or other watches?

From what I've seen so far, there are already two non-starters. No vibration and the need to push a button or touch the screen to see the time (that is like so 70's like the LED watch). The battery life is also concerning me as well. My Pebble will last any entire week. Sure, I could get use to charging the :apple: watch every night but what if it's really a long day and the watch needs to stay alive for more than 20 hours?

As much as I like Apple products, I really don't know if I will be jumping on this ship. Too many things that are step backwards from what is already available on the Pebble.

2. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

I'd give it time for the  Watch to get into peoples' hands first.

Since there aren't units in the wild, and most of the information we know about it is publicly available, there won't be much added information for some legitimate 1-to-1 comparison, yet, imo.

3. Unconsoled, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015

Unconsoled macrumors regular

Confused about the vibration comment. The :apple:Watch site says that a gentle tap will let you know when a notification comes in.

Is that what you meant OP?

Also didn't we read that you just raise your arm up to see the time? Don't remember reading that we need a button to check the time.

4. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

The pebble is going to seem like a cheap toy compared to the Apple Watch. I currently have a pebble, which works ok, but will be happy to have a watch that isn't constantly "fighting" the OS. I expect the apple watch to do everything the pebble does, plus a lot more while being a lot more reliable doing it.

5. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

This! I have stopped using my pebble because of the Bluetooth LE connection problem. The pebble sometimes stop getting notifications which is very annoying to pair it again every time.

6. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

Unconsoled is correct - the Apple Watch has what they're calling a Taptic engine, which allows for complex "tapping" instead of just a simple vibration. It was featured fairly prominently in the reveal with several examples given (ie, walking navigation with different taps for turn left vs right).

You also don't need to press a button or touch the screen to read the time. Just turning/raising your wrist is enough.

7. AppleFan360 thread starter macrumors 68020

Actually the Pebble Steel with the metal watchband doesn't feel like a toy. It's actually quite sturdy and fasionable with my business outfit.