Any complication for constantly switching phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phonzoxd, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

Anyone aware of any complication between constantly switching sims from one phone to the next.

I ordered an 8+, which i plan to use during the colder seasons, but i also want to use an SE during the summer months with shorts seasons, and i will be buying that off-contract.

2. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

I guess keeping the phones in sync with each other could be an added complication, but that would only be twice a year (beginning of summer - end of summer).

Also, if you have an Apple Watch, you'd have to pair/un-pair it to each phone, but then that's also a twice a year thing too.

Maybe some apps that you use work best with a plus phone and not so great with the SE ... but that's a stretch.

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

Only complication is having to reenter passwords and emails after restoring the phones from a backup.

4. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Lol, I thought by constantly, you meant daily. I think iMessage issues may pop out, too, if you swap out SIMs that often.

Once a month or longer should be fine as long as you don't need to keep app data in sync.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2017 ---
    If you restore from iTunes encrypted backup, you don't have to.