Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barkins

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2006
Encino, CA
I'm running Leopard btw, so some of the software out there just doesn't work. Anything else that does?

Thanks

McGarvels

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2006
Irvine, CA
You can set it as a hot corner in desktop and screen saver under system preferences. (In Leopard at least)

Here is a pic:

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    95 KB · Views: 87

McGarvels

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2006
Irvine, CA
No problem. I was happy about this feature as well. I'm not sure if it was in Tiger, but I don't think it was. Regardless, it works like a charm.

gorby

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2007
I think it's a new Leopard feature.

However for anyone out there using Tiger, there's a widget that does the same thing.

(I have Leopard, but am not upgrading until .1 comes out)

Puckboy

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
No problem. I was happy about this feature as well. I'm not sure if it was in Tiger, but I don't think it was. Regardless, it works like a charm.

Hot corners? Yep, it's in Tiger. My 4 yr old daughter doesn't think too kindly of the hot corners tho; once in a while, a mis-slight-of-hand affects her online games ;)

McGarvels

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2006
Irvine, CA
Hot corners? Yep, it's in Tiger. My 4 yr old daughter doesn't think too kindly of the hot corners tho; once in a while, a mis-slight-of-hand affects her online games ;)

No no, I mean the option of "SLEEP DISPLAY" being in the hot corners option box. I know that hot corners have been around since Tiger. You are right though, they can be a bit too sensitive sometimes, but I still love 'em.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.