Any Cool Apps/Tricks for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iMacBoy, Dec 26, 2009.

1. iMacBoy macrumors 6502

Hey guys anyone got some cool apps i should download for my mac or know any tips or tricks i should know :D
    (as i only got it today)

Thankss :D

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Welcome to Mac ownership and welcome to MacRumors:Forums! You'll find a lot of information both here and on the web. Here are a few resources that may be helpful:

Apple - Find Out How online tutorials on many topics
    Mac 101 a tour of the Mac OS X
    Switch 101 a tutorial on the process of migrating to a Mac
    Apple Support search Apple Support and the Knowledge Base
    MRoogle for searching the forums with Google (always a good idea before posting new questions)
    How to set up a quick right-click search of the MR forums.
    MacRumors FAQ
    MacRumors Rules
    MacRumors Guides Very helpful stuff!
    A list of the MR Forums (so you'll know which forum is best to post a new question)
    Maximizing your MacRumors troubleshooting experience. (if you really need help, this is valuable to know!)
    Apple Find Out How
    Apple Keyboard Shortcuts
    You can find lists of essential applications in this thread, as well as these sites: here and here and here.....and here.

If you search the forums and don't find what you're looking for, just ask! There's lots of friendly help here! Enjoy your new Mac!

3. iMacBoy thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow Thanks for your time posting that mate.

Ill check them all out now! :D

Thanks again.

4. newdeal macrumors 68020

I love the app better touch tool for mouse gestures. Also lux deluxe is a cool o online rissk type game. Tinker tool is a good app for adjusting some hidden osx settings. Perian is good it's a package of QuickTime codecs. Flip4mac is a plugin for QuickTime to play wmv files. App delete is a nice utilty for deleting apps a bit more completely than osx does (deletes preferance files as well. Perian ntfs is a nice program that allows your mac to read and write to ntfs partitions which helps if you are sharing files between windows and mac. Vlc is a nice music player. Handbrake is good for video transcoding. Transmission is a nice torrent program. Frostwire is a very nice p2p program that also handles torrent files. And of course it's always a good idea to have either iWork or office for productivity type tasks

5. newdeal macrumors 68020

Sorry vlc is a video player not music (it may play music too I really don't know)

6. Forsaken macrumors regular

Forsaken

It'll play anything, actually.