Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChocolateApple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
New York
Are there any photographers, videographers, real estate professionals, landscapers, graphic designers, illustrators, actors, web designers, etc. who bought the iPad with the display in mind for networking?

I'm a video editor, and I bought it with networking in mind. Being able to display my work with louder speakers than the iPhone's, and a screen that more than one person can see is better than I imagined. I am beyond excited now. :D

Share your reason and purpose.

LittleBob68

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2008
I am in sales and use a book to do my presentations with people. I am usually in a home or business with one or two people listening. I have put my presentation on my ipad via keynote and have used it for presentations. It is very effective and much easier to cary around than that big book.

The great thing is that when I have my ipad I have my 'whole life' with me. Contacts, calendar, notes, job bids, personal stuff(music, movies and such) email, internet......... And it has this big screen to make life easier than an iphone or ipod touch.

Chodite

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2007
Baltimore, MD
I'll be using it to promote Baltimore Beer Week 2010 to local businesses (for sponsorship purposes). Presentations and such.

ChocolateApple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
New York
I chickened out.

I had a job interview with my iPad loaded up with my resume and reel ready to show. But after someone noticed the case and asked,"Is that an iPad?," I sensed that the iPad's novelty would be a distraction. I didn't show my site, but regretted it. Maybe next time I'll do it. Besides, it's what I have the iPad for.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Yep I've bascially taken 50 of the best design of varying sorts (brochures, flyers, posters, book covers, cd & dvd's & illustrations) and created a couple of pdf's of them. Then loaded them onto my iPad and now I have a portable portfolio if I'm meeting existing or more potentially new clients. Very handy indeed.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
I showed my portfolio at a meet and greet not too long ago and it was a hit.

Will use it again this friday at a local meetup and see how it goes. :)

tobes56

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2010
Hi, I'm from Australia and we haven't got the iPads yet but was interested in your comments re publications/presentations on the iPad, eg. PDFs, Keynote. Any ideas if I wanted to drag in a PDF but make it more interactive : know you can't use Flash, but wonder if there is a workaround for InDesign files and then bringing in a video etc.
I know I'm trying to bite off far more than I can chew, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

richardseymour3

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2010
iPad for creative presentations

I'm a London based Advertising photographer & I fully expect the iPad to be the preferred method of presentation for photographers agents & art buyers within the next couple of years - only problem might be its slightly smaller than the traditional A3 books we all use .
On this note - is anyone prepared to email me re a 5 min check of an iPad compatible website I'm hoping to build using a non flash web template system - a cheap fast way of getting around my now redundant and very expensive Flash based site.
I'm trying to check to see if it functions correctly - the web domain is http://www.richardseymour.co.uk , on my tiny iPod touch screen the thumbnail bar wont move ... ? All help appreciated.

DKatri

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2009
Birmingham, UK
I chickened out.

I had a job interview with my iPad loaded up with my resume and reel ready to show. But after someone noticed the case and asked,"Is that an iPad?," I sensed that the iPad's novelty would be a distraction. I didn't show my site, but regretted it. Maybe next time I'll do it. Besides, it's what I have the iPad for.

Maybe the iPad would have helped. You would have been more memorable than the other people there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.