Any Cross Country Runners On MacRumors?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iDAG, Sep 21, 2007.

1. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

I'm a CC runner for my high school. I'm interested to see if there are any runners that take a break from running every once in a while to lurk around here.:)

My PR is 18:29 for a 5K

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

I ran CC and track (1600, 3200) in high school.

haven't had much time to stay in shape lately.

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

4. iDAG thread starter macrumors 65816

iDAG

Maybe I'll try that once CC is over for the year if I get the Nike+ stuff for my birthday. I'm just afraid to use anything other than Asics cause I changed shoe brands over the summer and it screwed my ankle up so much that it affected but I'm getting back on track now seeing the pain is almost gone. I can't wait till track cause I'm sweet at the 1600.:D

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

That's what this Marware "thingy" and similar pouches are for... ;)

6. iDAG thread starter macrumors 65816

iDAG

Sweet:D

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

hi iDAG. :) I ran xc and track in both high school and college. These days I run because I love it and recently, to train for a marathon. I miss running cross though - definitely the best season!

I'm an Asics man too; I've worn the 2000 series since they were 2020s! The most recent update, though (the 2120) blistered my feet so badly that I switched to a pair of brooks, and they've been fantastic from the first run. So there's another brand to keep in mind.

Hope to see you in the macrumors nike+ challenges some time! :)

8. iDAG thread starter macrumors 65816

iDAG

I'm currently using the 1120 but I don't like it as much as the 2110 or 2120. A pair of Mizuno's screwed up my ankle so I got the 1120. Different shoes work for different people. A runner I was bout equal with last year as a freshman is now running sub 17:00 which is a little frustrating, but I hope to catch up to him in track and next year.

9. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

hey iDAG,

i also ran CC and track in high school and college. i still have 1 track season left. i'm also in the nike+ challenges.

why is your goal 17:42? just seems it's be easier to pick 17:40 or something.

anyway, i hope your season is going good so far. good luck with it, and i hope you decide to join our nike+ challenges.

btw, what's your 1600 time? (just wondering)

10. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

I accidentally did CC for a year in high school, I think my best was 18:20ish. I can't be too upset with CC though, it did introduce me to ultimate frisbee (the best sport invented).

I've taken to marathons now...this year I hit 3:17.45, I'm aiming at 3 hours flat for one of next year's.

Good luck with your goals.

11. RacerX macrumors 65832

I ran cross country my sophomore year in high school, and I think I came in last in just about every race. It was rather embarrassing... specially as I was the MVP of the track team my freshmen year. :eek: After that the longest race I took part in was the 400 meters or 4x400 relay (and even those were under protest).

I have a lot of respect (and a measure of envy) for distance runners.

12. iDAG thread starter macrumors 65816

iDAG

I didn't do track last year, but this year I'm going to get out and do it. My last timed mile for my school was 5:06, but I've timed myself later on to be around 4:50.

With track events I can't do anything under an 800 cause I suck at sprinting, but people always think the boys CC team is crazy for running as much as we do.

13. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

that's pretty good. what year are you?

14. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I like cross country. We have this little rout @ school in which the whole school competes about 5 times a year. I normally come in the top 20. It's about 3.5km and I do that in about 14 minutes.

I also did some track this year, I'm not too great at that. I did the 1500 and 3000 with fairly mediocre times (I dont recall). What I really want to pull up is my 800m performance- I think I have potential.

15. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

I do Xcountry! The tour to Washington next year is what's keeping me motivated :)
    My first race of the season is next week (my first in the senior distance :eek:).

16. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

I did CC in high school, and I am now in my first year of college, and I haven't run very much since last HS track season ended. I am going to probably do intramural CC though now. My best in high school was an 18:03.

17. iDAG thread starter macrumors 65816

iDAG

I'm in 10th grade this year.

18. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

excellent. i think i was around that - 5'04" in 10th grade (if i remember correctly). i think my 5k time was 18'21" that year. it was the next year that i broke thru

so you're doing good. keep it up....and join us in the challenges ;)

19. iShane macrumors 6502a

I run cross country!

I'm in the same grade as you too.
    :)

20. iDAG thread starter macrumors 65816

iDAG

Wanna throw out some times?

21. iShane macrumors 6502a

I don't really know them yet, but we have a race this Tuesday and if I remember I'll post them up!

22. Drizzt macrumors member

Drizzt

Hey, I run cross country, too. My best this year is an 18:09 but of late I have been plagued by slow, challenging courses. I feel I am running under 18 now, but I haven't been able to break that barrier yet.

BTW, iDAG, what part of Ohio are you from? I'm from the southeast.

23. iDAG thread starter macrumors 65816

iDAG

Central Ohio I'm in Hilliard

24. Highcroft macrumors regular

I want to do CC and swimming but my school only has girls teams. I run track though and I do the 1600 and the 400.

25. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

what year are you?

1600 and 400? those are kinda different events. one usually does either the 3200 and 1600 or the 1600 and 800. what kind of times have you done?