Carrier Any current Verizon data promotions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by avanpelt, Feb 12, 2015.

1. avanpelt macrumors 68020

This time last year, Verizon was offering 1 GB of data for free for 12 months with no strings attached. Since the 12 months are over at the end of this month, I was wondering if anyone is aware of any current Verizon data promotions for existing customers?

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I don't believe there is anything right now for existing customers. There are a few promotions for new customers, but they're more geared towards phones or the entire bill. Give it a few months and maybe there will be something.

3. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

You just missed one in Oct. With my plan I was paying like $70 and getting 4GB of data. They gave me 10GB for an extra $10 a month. Thats been awesome.

4. imaccooper macrumors regular

imaccooper

Just a week or so ago they were offering $10 off your bill. That may still be available, but I think they were shutting that down pretty quick.

5. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

I sure wish they had something going on! My son is burning through data faster than fast. We've gone from 5 to 10 to 15GB of data per month and he is still consistently running us over the limit. The jump from 10GB to 15GB wasn't too bad on the bill, but going from 15GB to 20GB will hurt.

6. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

He must be playing a ton of games and watching lots of streaming video. Limit his use to that kind of stuff only when he's on wifi or take his phone.

7. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

It's streaming music. His use of SoundCloud probably accounts for 80% of the data used by our entire family. He actually told me it's cheaper than buying the music outright- to which I responded of course it is! Mom and dad are paying for it!!

8. avanpelt thread starter macrumors 68020

I bumped up to 10 GB when they announced the promo because it was during a month I was traveling for work and I was using personal hotspot quite a bit. Even then, my wife and I still only managed to use around 6 GB together.

The next month, I wasn't traveling for work so our usage went back down to what it normally is -- 1 to 2 GB per month.

Based on our usage patterns, there's no reason for us to give Verizon extra money for 10 GB of data when we're just fine with 2 GB.

I wish they'd offer rollover data but it doesn't look like they plan on doing that anytime soon. If they offered rollover data that rolled for 12 months like T-Mo, they'd likely get more money out of me because I'd bump our plan to the next higher tier since anything that was unused would rollover for 12 months and then I'd have a nice cushion for work travel throughout the year when I need it. Oh well...

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

They just started a newer promotion where the lower data plans are discounted by some amount (I believe $10/month), so might be worth checking if you could change to one of those (basically get the same 2 GB but for a bit cheaper than normal).

10. Judy795 macrumors newbie

Judy795

Verizon promo still in effect. Online, I lowered our data plan bill by 10$ per month today.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Just a somewhat different one from the one that was there for a few months until just recently--used to be that some of the 8 GB and up plans were discounted, and now it's most of plans below 8 GB that are discounted.