Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOSguru

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Here is a UI for iOS I am looking for:

In a view of my application for iOS, a user is asked to fill out all underline blanks in not fixed number of distinct questions of the following form(for example):

My ID is _ _ _ _ and telephone number is _ _ _ - _ _ _ _.

Since questions are not fixed, UIText is not enough to use for my requirement. I spent three days on finding proper UI control and view but did not find it.

Is there any UI control and view for my requirement? If not, I need to build some my own UI control and view using UIKit. Could you recommend any good reference for building customized UI using UIKit? Any suggestion would be very welcomed. Thank you.:cool:

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
What about considering a UITableView with a variable number of rows, each cell containing a UILabel and a UITextField, similar to Edit mode in the Contacts app?

iOS-5-Contacts-Related-People-info.png

nashyo

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2010
Bristol
What about considering a UITableView with a variable number of rows, each cell containing a UILabel and a UITextField, similar to Edit mode in the Contacts app?

iOS-5-Contacts-Related-People-info.png

Do you know a resource I can use to learn how to make a view like this please? Specifically, how to make a view 'variable' in size like this in response to the generation of new rows by the user. Or in response to a UILabel that dynamically changes in size as it is poplated with text from variable sources.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.