Any cydia app can do lock the phone while on a call?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shinji666, Oct 27, 2010.

1. shinji666 macrumors newbie

Is there any app that can lock the phone without hanging up (not using headset)?

With the headset plugged in, it's fine to press the power button. But if there's no headset, it would just hang up.

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

this has been requested, but as of right now i dont think there is any such tweak

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

why?:confused:
    The proximity sensor turns off the screen when you are holding it in your face, thus there is no need to press a button. If you put it in speaker mode you CAN press the lock button and it locks the screen...

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That would be great if the Prox sensor on my i4 worked good like all my previous iphones....
    Even with 4.1 I still notice it lighting up while on a call.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

yes, I feel you! it's a shame you would have to resort to doing/finding something like that to actually have your phone work properly... If I had the prox. sensor problem I would have returned the phone on the first day.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im thinking about bringing it back but dont know if I'd get a refurb with 4.0.2 or earlier so I can maintain an unlockable baseband.
    4.1 has improved it a little but still not as solid as it worked on my previous 3GS.:)

7. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i think i might honestly go to the apple store and get a refurb.. i dont really care to unlock, and i am still having BT issues with my plantronics 975. plus i am sure one day the 4.1 baseband will be unlockable.

8. The Highlander macrumors 6502

i'm heading to the apple store too... this thing with the prox sensor is CRAP!

9. ignus graius macrumors regular

In lieu of a proper tweak to accomplish this, I've found that if my screen is password locked, I can answer an incoming call and then press the sleep button to lock the phone while on a call. To make outgoing calls, I leave the phone locked and use Voice Control. Once the person answers I can then press the sleep button to lock the phone.

I realize it's a little complicated, but it beats face-dialing and face-muting while I'm on the phone.

10. simplydat, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

simplydat macrumors member

Is there not a single app/tweek that can do that? The proximity sensor is the iphone 4 is driving me nuts.

It seems like a simple tweak/app to make - making power/sleep button to lock screen during call instead of hanging up on normal built in mic.

I for one will pay up to $5 for a tweak like that on either cydia or app store... that is how desperate I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Solved*: An app on cydia named "calllock" has just been released and is available for only $0.99. It allows you to lock the screen during a call with the power/sleep button.

I just bought mine, it works beautifully.. I urge those of you with who is on the same boat as me to get get the app ASAP!

11. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Best thing to do right now is to buy the CallGuard app from the app store I think. Still not the most convenient thing in the world but better than hanging up on people or muting your phone by accident.