Any D2H users

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by minnieoi, Jul 9, 2013.

1. minnieoi macrumors newbie

I normally use a D200 with a D70 as backup but have recently 'Aquired' a D2H, which I have been playing with.Sharpness etc is brilliant, but try what I might, I cannot get the colour balance out of the camera, correct. Have taken hundreds of test shots using various combinations from the shooting menu but still not satisfied.
    Anybody on here use a D2H and if so, what are your 'standard', shooting settings?

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

3. fa8362 macrumors 65816

I had one for a couple of years. Never had any problem with color balance. The D2h is very accurate in color balance, but people often prefer pleasing to accurate.

4. ijohn.8.80 macrumors 65816

ijohn.8.80

Is your monitor calibrated?

5. minnieoi thread starter macrumors newbie

Glad you had no problems but I would prefer something that is both accurate and pleasing.
    Today took numerous 'test' shots. Bright,sunny day, very blue sky, subject a silver car.
    Subject clarity, definition, sharpness even colour excellent. Sky grey !!
    Tried all metering settings same result, played with hue and saturation settings and numerous combinations, exposure compensation etc etc etc ad infinitum but same result. Not very accurate or pleasing.
    Took same shots under same conditions with both D200 & D70 and excellent results. Very little post image processing required if they were to be considered serious rather than test.
    And yes monitor is calibrated.
    Hey ho, just carry on playing I suppose.

6. ijohn.8.80 macrumors 65816

ijohn.8.80

Is there a means to reset all settings on this camera body? I'd start there, especially if you got it second hand. Some body may have played with the light balance and taken it into an area that's creating your issues. It may well have been perfect for a particular kind of light, just not normal light.

7. fa8362 macrumors 65816

Sounds like your D2h has problems. Either of the two I had would have produced a blue sky unless overexposed.