Any Daft Punk Fans?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mr. Incredible, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

I'm a HUGE fan of Daft Punk! I'm going to be getting the iPhone this month, and so I decided to order a Skin for my iPhone 4.

I customized my skin using 2 Daft Punk images.

What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

That's pretty sick. I am into the new torn movie soundtrack they made! Awesome I stream it to my apple tv daily..lol. Can't wait to see it wrapped on your new phone!

3. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, the tron soundtrack is pretty bad ass.

Best tracks on the album is: 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17.

#12 is probably my favorite, cause it sounds more like Daft Punk than the other tracks.

I'm trying to figure out what color spectra decal wrap I should use for the sides. I think Yellow might look sick on it, or blue. But I think the current wraps are just for the At&t iPhone, and not for the Verizon one.

:/

4. UCLAKoolman, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011

UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Tron Soundtrack is ok... every track is too monotonous and brief though (Son of Flynn is my current ringtone btw). Their Alive album is still my fav. I saw them peform most of the tracks at Cochella a few years back.

And since you're a Daft Punk fan, if you haven't seen it you should really check out Interstella 5555

5. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

I got the sgp neo hybrid ex in yellow , should fit with verizon I matched the opening up to the new apple bumper and it matched up. I would go with their blue or the yellow like I got!

6. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree, the tracks are too small. I do wish most of them were at least 4-5 mins long, but you have to remember that it's a score, and not technically their actual new album.

Unfortunately, I became a fan in 2008, a year after their Alive 2007 tour. Yes, I have seen Interstella 5555. I love how it's an actual story being revealed through song, simply amazing.

As for my favorite albums, they go in this order:

Human After All
    Homework
    Discovery

Alive 2007 and Human After All are both tied for 1st place though, since their Alive album consists mostly of songs from the Human After All album.

What do you think about my skin? I originally had the front saying Daft (top), and Punk (bottom), but then it just looked a bit too weird. Said Daft Punk a bit too much, so I changed it to what it is now.

:)

7. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

With the Gold Helmet, and the reflection on the other helmet, and the yellow in the center of the words, I think that this sgp neo hybrid ex would look amazing on it:

That Reventon Yellow looks sexy, but are you sure that it would fit on the Verizon iPhone?

I noticed that it has an iPhone 4 AT&T, and iPhone 4 Verizon, and the sgp neo hybrid ex cases are just shown in the At&t options, and not the Verizon ones.

Attached Files:

8. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

How were you able to compare it to the new apple bumper? Are they in stores now?

9. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

i was in apple a few days ago and they had older ones only.. at my store

10. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

So, I got my skin a few days ago, and I noticed that there seem to be small indents on it, as if the film wasn't properly taken care of, also there is an air bubble, but after pushing it down to try to level it, the air bubble remains but smaller and its noticeable.

I don't know whether to call them and have them exchange it, or what. I don't even know if I'll be able to get my money back.

11. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

we have the universal bumper here at our apple store... could be becasue I live 5 minutes away from apple in Cupertino :D.. not sure but it looks pretty close. Hopefully my phone will arrive tomorrow and I will be able to put the case on and take some pictures if no one beats me too it.

12. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, it took a month, but I finally got my parts.

I activated my Verizon iPhone 4 on March 2nd, and received my SGP Neo Hybrid Case on the same day.

Today I got my Daft Punk skin. It is not the same as the one up there. When I did get my order, the colors were not as bright as I thought it would be.

After returning it and ordering from Gelaskins instead, It was the same issue, dark colors.

I didn't feel like returning it, so I just applied the skin.

It is slightly different than the one up there, but it looks great, nonetheless.

I will post pics of it later tonight. :)

13. Mac-Maine macrumors member

random but I hate when people talk about an album and say "I like track 7, and track 9 was good, oooh and track 13 was nice" like REALLY!? you dont know ANY names of the songs your listening to??