Any decent earphones compatible with iPhone bumper?

definitive

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I decided to listen to some music on the iPhone today using my Sony earphones, only to discover that my earphones don't fit in the bumper's cut-out. I then tried to use Apple's white earphones that they included with the phone, but they fall out of my ears every time I move my head.

Anyone here using any decent quality headphones that fit the bumper's cut-out? A mic (like on iPhone's earphones) would be a plus. I'm looking for something in the price range of $20-$50, because they usually last me around six months before they break.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I use JLab J3 model earbuds, as does my husband, and the narrow plug fits fine into the bumper. Picked up on Amazon for around $25, if I recall, when I realized how much I hated the Apple earbuds. Sound quality is pretty good--way better than Apple's. No mic on these though.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Klipsch Image S4i

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0697VC/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1MA&mco=MTc5NDM2NDM

These fit perfectly with the bumper and have a GREAT sound (and also have been given great reviews on the Apple Store). They also have the 3 button remote/mic just like the Apple headphones, and they work flawlessly. I really enjoy my set. They need some burn-in time, but they're getting better and better.
And they're very comfortable -- coming from someone who doesn't like most ear buds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.