Any decent earphones compatible with iPhone bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by definitive, Aug 8, 2010.

1. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

I decided to listen to some music on the iPhone today using my Sony earphones, only to discover that my earphones don't fit in the bumper's cut-out. I then tried to use Apple's white earphones that they included with the phone, but they fall out of my ears every time I move my head.

Anyone here using any decent quality headphones that fit the bumper's cut-out? A mic (like on iPhone's earphones) would be a plus. I'm looking for something in the price range of $20-$50, because they usually last me around six months before they break.

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I use JLab J3 model earbuds, as does my husband, and the narrow plug fits fine into the bumper. Picked up on Amazon for around $25, if I recall, when I realized how much I hated the Apple earbuds. Sound quality is pretty good--way better than Apple's. No mic on these though.

3. MunnyGuy macrumors member

No mic but the Monster Turbines fit and I like them quite a bit.

4. clads01 macrumors member

5. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Sennheiser MM50iP fits, has a mic, works great, and sounds great.

6. Knoxville3G macrumors member

Klipsch Image S4i

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0697VC/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1MA&mco=MTc5NDM2NDM

These fit perfectly with the bumper and have a GREAT sound (and also have been given great reviews on the Apple Store). They also have the 3 button remote/mic just like the Apple headphones, and they work flawlessly. I really enjoy my set. They need some burn-in time, but they're getting better and better.

7. gecis macrumors regular

8. dizzle23x macrumors newbie

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

And they're very comfortable -- coming from someone who doesn't like most ear buds.

10. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Agreed. They're the most comfortable in-ear headphones I've ever used.