Any decent looking drop protection cases you recommend for the Xs Max?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wannabelean, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Sparxxx macrumors regular

2. StaceyMJ86 macrumors 68000

StaceyMJ86

3. Matz Contributor

Matz

Speck Presidio clear.
    Best case I’ve ever used.

4. Sparxxx macrumors regular

@StaceyMJ86
    Yes, it’s on my wife’s Xs... mine for the Xs Max should come this week.
    I have used this kind of bumper on all last Iphone I had since Iphone 4.
    Amazing product and very robust, never have I cracked my screen with them on.

5. imtoomuch macrumors member

I'm using the Speck Presidio Sport and I love it. It's the best I've tried so far. I like that it has a knob for the silence switch so it's really easy to toggle. It's such an awesome features. The only other case that I know of that has this knob is from Catalyst. The other cases have recesses for the switch and I've found those difficult to access. My only gripe about this case is that the rubber is super grippy. That is awesome for handling, but it makes it a pain to get in and out of your pocket.

https://www.speckproducts.com/apple...R-SPORT_color=Jet Ski Teal/Dolphin Grey/Black

I also have a SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Pro for my iPad and it's fantastic as-is. Because of this I ordered one for my iPhone Xs Max. It is a nice case, but there are some issues and I will most likely be returning it.
    1. The silence button is under a cover and it's very difficult to access IMO.
    2. The plastic screen protector doesn't fit tight against the screen and it feels horrible to use.
    3. The case separates right near the silence switch. It's aesthetically annoying, collects dirt, and I'm afraid it'll get worse over time.

Lastly, I've tried a UAG Pathfinder SE Camo. I bought this case because I had one on my Galaxy S3 and I loved it. It looked great, felt great, and it survived drops. The version for the Xs Max isn't as great. First, the camo looks nothing like the photo. The light grey was actually cream when it arrived. Ew! The lip is tiny and I wouldn't trust that the screen wouldn't contact the ground during a fall. And the material between the silence switch recess and the front of the case is very thin and looks prone to failure. This case is also going to be returned.

6. doctor_fool macrumors newbie

doctor_fool

Try MagCase pro. It will be your last case.

7. TNThomas macrumors 6502a

TNThomas

8. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

kingston73

IMO the evolutive labs mod nx or solidsuit will be great, both look good IMO and are very protective. It's not been released yet but also take a look at the Thanotech k11 bumper, the pictures look fantastic.

9. Evil-Z06 macrumors newbie

Rhinoshield SolidSuit....I run it with a iCarez Full Fit glass screen protector.It looks like there is no screen protector on it.The Rhinoshield SolidSuit is a fairly thin tank of a case with a decent sized lip

10. imtoomuch macrumors member

I'm still in search of the perfect case.

I picked up a Catalyst Impact Protection case. The Blueridge Sunset colors are great. And the clear back is a nice way to showoff your phone. I also am a big fan of the buttons. They are a nice color and work well. They aren't stiff to press because they appear to be separate pieces. I also like the silence switch knob on the case. More cases should have this feature! But it's slim, feels pretty good in the hand, albeit maybe a little slipperier than I'd like and it looks good.

As for the cons, I will say the clear back appears to offer little to no impact protection. The description of the case also specifies that the case is only rated for corner drops. Very odd. The clear back also has a pattern of tiny spots. I'm not sure what's up with that, but they are annoying and unattractive. I will be contacting Catalyst in regards to that matter. The lip around the screen and camera are very slight. Drop it onto a pebble and the pebble will surely contact the screen or camera. It also doesn't have a charging port cover.

I am a fan, but it's not worth the asking price of $50. Thankfully, I found it much cheaper.