Any Dentists in the house?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MBHockey, Jul 25, 2007.

1. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Ok, so i'm having a weird problem with my teeth...and I never have teeth problems.

The last two days when I drink cold water, or even luke warm water really, I'll get this almost sensitive-tooth-type pain in the upper row of my teeth towards the back corner (but only on the upper left side)...around where my wisdom tooth is supposed to come in. It's weird in that it doesn't come right away. I'll drink the water, a few seconds will pass, then i feel the pain start to build, and then it peaks, and then goes back down. It lasts about 10 seconds and at its peak is pretty bothersome.

I floss and brush my teeth twice a day, as well as using mouth wash. I've only had a couple of cavities in my life, and I just had a tooth check up not more than 6 weeks ago and everything was said to be in great condition. I hardly ever drink soda (95% of what i drink is just bottled water) and I hardly ever eat sugary snacks and candy.

The only difference I have noticed is relating to my wisdom teeth. I have had my bottom two out already. I still have the top two. They were both way the hell up in my sinuses for as long as I can remember, and surgeons said they didn't want to take them out unless they came down a bit.

I noticed that where the usual bump on my upper left side no longer has a bump (where the wisdom tooth was hiding). In fact, i can't tell where it went. The familiar bump is still there on the upper right side, though.

Could the wisdom tooth have come down a bit and causing these problems? I don't understand why it wouldn't hurt all the time (if this was the case) and not just when i drink something cold. I can find no tender spot when i push around this area of my mouth with my finger.

I just moved to a new city and am working 7:30 to 5 every day. This leaves me little time to find a dentist in the area (although I will look this weekend.) I just wanted to see if anyone could shed some light on this odd tooth issue.

thanks!

2. furious macrumors 65816

furious

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Wisdoms might be impacted.

Im not a dentist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.:p

4. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

first off, hahah good one! :)

Secondly, yeah they've always told me my top ones were impacted.

5. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki