Any design changes with Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mladenz, Jan 11, 2009.

1. mladenz macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there will be some design changes for the interface when Snow Leopard comes out?

What do you guys think?

Greets,

Mladenz

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Snow Leopard is about the things you can't see...

But design changes? What should be changed? I'm not saying it's perfect now, but what are some things you'd like to see?

3. mladenz thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm i guess you got a point there, well just little things like new wallpapers, a new dock, maby some icons. Just some little minor design changes, i love the way it looks now but just to get the feeling that it's something new besides the performance.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'd like Illuminous system-wide. I have the Illuminous scroll-bars system-wide right now, but full implementation would be nice.

5. lee.anderson macrumors regular

lee.anderson

I doubt it. From what Snow Leopard promises to be, I don't get the feeling there will be any major changes to the UI. I may be wrong, so its just speculation from my point.
    Snow Leopard is meant to be streamlining OS X, adding performance and reliability, that is probably why "Leopard" is still used in the name and not another cat.

But you could take the matter into your own hands and modify leopard to your liking. There are plenty of sites that change the way leopard looks. I have a black glass dock instead of the default. :)

6. iMacmatician macrumors 601

Probably not, if there are, they are likely to be minor.

What I wish for, though, is full implementation of the iTunes 7 interface and an option for the black HUD GUI (I believe was nicknamed "Illuminous") that was speculated to be in Leopard. Maybe even an option to change the shade of the windows from grey/black to another color.

Subtle but effective animations would also be nice. The window minimize effect is getting old.

7. Liamf555 macrumors member

Liamf555

As iMacmatician stated, any UI changes will be minor, little tweaks here and there

8. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Apple have made it clear that they have pressed "the pause button" on new features. So I doubt that you'll be able to tell the difference between Leopard and SL superficially. Hoping that it will be a lot faster and much less bloat. The one design change I'm hoping for is the end of the spinning beachball...