Any Device + AT&T = EPIC FAIL

Discussion in 'iPad' started by drtyrell, Feb 16, 2010.

1. drtyrell macrumors member

drtyrell

We can debate all day the lack of innovation in the iPad, but regardless of what Apple device is created, continually connecting it to AT&T's spy network of NSA laden eavesdropping, it will continue to be hobbled. AT&T can barely transmit through a rough piece of 50 pound paper stock, let alone carry the world into a revolutionary new era of data sharing.

I say the first sign UP for Apple and their boring iPad is losing AT&T.

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

Oh, you're back?

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It seems that someone who had such utter discontent for the iPad would find a more constructive way to spend their time that by bashing it. Why not find something you like and are interested in and visit that forum so you can enjoy and spend some positive energy. It must be a sad to be stuck in such a pessimistic mode. Life is too short to spend it in such a negative and unproductive way so try and find something you enjoy and makes you happy.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You realize that all Telcom companies in the USA are being watched by the NSA right?

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

You do know that the iPad is unlocked right? You're not technically stuck with ATT.

6. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I've had AT&T since it was Cingular, not once has it ever given me any issue, seriously 1 dropped call in all these years. People who complain about AT&T either must live in the middle of no where or dont have it. I have lots of friends, all have Berry's or iPhones on AT&T no one has issues.

7. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

I had Cingular for 3 miserable years and it dropped calls EVERY day, and wouldn't connect at my home or business. I complained to them and their response? "we do not guarantee coverage INSIDE of buildings". aha! That's why it didn't work at the malls, large stores, my home, my office... After 45 minutes of arguing, they reduced my ETF by 50% and I jumped to Verizon. No more dropped calls with my LG or BB phones. I wouldn't have AT&T if they GAVE me a Jesus phone.

8. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Where do you live? And dont get all testy, I just posted an opinion is all. I live in Los Anegeles, we have great cell phone service. What city are you in, or area? If you're somewhere real po-dunk, I'd expect it to be crap service, I mean, when you're in the middle of no where what do you expect. Anyway, no need to reply back, I was just stating my experience, sorry yours was bad.

9. melman101 macrumors 68030

I've dropped calls and I'm in NYC. But no worries. It's not that big of a problem. It doesn't happen all the time. Maybe I've dropped about 1-2% of all calls with my iPhone.

I've had it since Cingular as well :)

10. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I in no way want to defend AT&T, I just wanted to point out that the threads main title is factually inaccurate.

11. drtyrell thread starter macrumors member

drtyrell

Again, a personal attack that goes UNCHECKED by the moderators. For those of you thinking this isn't a BIASED website, SEE ABOVE POST. You should be banned for a couple days.

12. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

Silicon Valley. I'm not being testy.

13. drtyrell thread starter macrumors member

drtyrell

I do. AT&T is the flagship mother of them all. iPhone is the easiest phone to hack, provides GPS info, and a camera to boot.

BUT, I guess the same generation that would defend AT&T would defend the fact that our 4th amendment has been destroyed.

14. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

better to complain, than to let these things go by. Complaining often results in companies changing how they do business. I'm not being any more "unproductive" than you are. I bet the reason the iPhone FINALLY got cut and paste, was due to the complaints that it lacked such a simple/ubiquitous feature.

15. drtyrell thread starter macrumors member

drtyrell

I love the notion that AT&T being a horrible cellphone provider is a NEW concept to most of you. There isn't a better way of showing your Apple coma than to defend their total lack of getting it.

Perfectly said.

16. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

The first amendment isn't fairing all that well either! :)

Drives me nuts when I see reports that Christmas displays are disallowed in schools or in government buildings.

The second amendment. When was the last time you dare carry a weapon in public?

17. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

ATT has always been great in my area. Until 2008, Verizon didn't even work in my building lol. Just shows you that location matters more than anything when it comes to reception.

I think the problem with ATT in Silicon Valley is there are just too many iPhones uses for ATT. I am not so sure Verizon wouldn't have the same problems if they had the iPhone.

18. bossxii macrumors 68000

Location, Location, Location...

Indeed makes the difference. Started with Cingular back in 98' and still with AT&T today and have great 3g reception and speed around the metro area. I have VZ for work and for the most part don't have any dropped calls, the reception in our office was so bad they had to put in a huge booster array and drop down small antenna thru the ceiling so we could actually use our phones. My iPhone meanwhile has 4 bars of 3g and has been used to tether to my laptop which I stream Slingbox to during the day. Zero issues.

It's all about where you live with providers. They all have their issues.

19. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

So this is any better then the post you complained about? Yeah ok.

Sorry I have had zero issues with AT&T. I live in the great Los angeles area.

Respect your opinion, but I don't think it represents the epic fail you are trying to portray in this thread.

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Who the hell is defending the NSA? I'm just making a point.

And the iphone isn't the easiest phone to hack, that title belongs to a certain nokia (i forget which) the iphone keeps getting jailbroken because its the most popular one out there.

21. Corruptitudes macrumors regular

You do realize that the AT&T that was allegedly eavesdropping is not the same company that owns the rights to be the exclusive provider of the Iphone right? That AT&T was the remnants of the once might Ma Bell, who was reduced to a just selling long distance service, and landline services that they acted as a Clec to resale.

Southwestern Bell which became SBC went into a partnership with Bellsouth to create Cingular. SBC then purchased the remnants of MA Bell,(AT&T) and then changed its name to AT&T. The "alleged" eavesdropping happened before this purchase was made. Which means different company. To finish the story, AT&T then purchased Bellsouth, which was still a partnership of Cingular. This gave them full control of Cingular, so they changed that name from Cingular to now AT&T Wireless.

So as you can see, your comments are nothing more then misconstrued drama. Your pointing fingers and blaming people who arent even responsible for the act. Thats like blaming Bush for not getting Osama at Tora Bora, but in reality, we should blame Clinton for not having the cahonies to tell his sniper to pull the trigger when Osama was in his sights...

22. WytRaven macrumors 6502

23. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

For all the complaints about AT&T

In the almost 3yrs I've been with them I have.... NONE

Service always works, Bill is the exact same each month, EDGE and 3G have always been available and fast, and the times I had to contact support (change plan) I always got someone who sounded like they were right in my city or at least the U.S.A.

24. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

Threads like this make me laugh. HAHAHA!!!

I've had both Verizon and AT&T at the same time (personal and work phones) and AT&T has always provided me better service coverage, except on the Wash, DC Metro. I always had coverage there with Verizon, but not with AT&T. No big deal really. I have now moved to AT&T for both personal (iPhone) and business (Blackberry 8800).

25. greenlander macrumors member

Damn straight. That iPhone thing has been a total, epic failure.