Any difference between carriers for Series 3 LTE?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by legaleye3000, Jul 11, 2018.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

2. dave006, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018

dave006 Contributor

dave006

Not really a difference in the actual function of the watch with LTE but there are some differences between how carriers support the Apple watch (implementation). What country or region of the world are you in?

Dave

3. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You want the one that gives you the best coverage. The AW LTE needs a strong signal.

5. dave006 Contributor

dave006

The basic LTE function of the watch is exactly the same for all carriers in the USA.

In the USA, in most markets the best coverage will vary by carrier just like your cellular coverage. The LTE watch has a much smaller antenna array compared to your iPhone.

T-Mobile offers a good deal on the Unlimited LTE Wearable plan for some cellular plans, it is $10 flat per month. The other carriers charge $10 + taxes & fees which can add up to $14 or higher.

Dave

6. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

So happy I live in the U.K. with those prices! Ouch!!

7. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

The only real difference between carriers will be strength of signal in your area and cost. Where I live US Cellular is actually a decent carrier and they just finally started supporting the AW and they don't charge an extra fee for it. That's been a nice perk for me.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

US Cellular has some of the best signal service when I did use them prior. They received reception in area’s where other carriers were poor in signal. And that’s clutch that that they don’t assess an LTE fee associated with the Watch.