iPad Any difference In cell data tmobile and AT&T ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by isephmusic, Oct 22, 2013.

1. isephmusic macrumors 6502

Buying one if the new iPads not sure exactly which one all I know is I need data , quick question

If tmobile and Atnt are both GSM does it matter which I pick in the online store ? It says tmobile iPad gets free 200 mb a month and where I live in nj a lot of the spots I travel to get lte on t mobile and it's pretty fast on my iPhone 5. When I had Atnt I had way more coverage but a congested network ... Anyway what's the difference between the 2

2. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

All iPad cellular models are the same. So one size fits (almost all).
    http://www.apple.com/ipad/LTE

[​IMG]

3. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I think you'll still need to specify which carrier you want when choosing a cellular iPad air. Although the internals may be identical, the SIM card and the account management settings need to be configured appropriately. Also if you look at the Apple store, you must select which carrier you want when you place your order.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-ipad/ipad-air

4. thehype31 macrumors regular

The real question though is will the lte radio be locked to a carrier, or is that just choosing which sim ships with the device? Why shouldn't I be able to order the Tmobile for the free data, but pop in an ATT sim when I want?

5. aneftp macrumors 68040

iPad cellular radio have never been locked.

6. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

You going to want the iPad with the tmobile SIM card to get that free data. You can always get a AT&T sim.

7. thehype31 macrumors regular

Thanks for the clarification! That's what I figured... Which makes the tmobile free data offer not make much business sense. Seems like everyone would take the free data, then just pay for the carrier you actually want when you use up the 200 MB.

8. The.Dude macrumors regular

The.Dude

This is exactly what I want to do.