Any difference in quality hotspot from 5s or 6s Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Turnpike, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Turnpike macrumors 6502

Turnpike

I use a phone almost only as a portable hotspot. So the smaller size is handier, but if the larger phone gives even a 3% better connection or reach or quality hotspot, I would bother with the newer, more expensive phone in a heartbeat.

Does anyone think (or know) that they might get a better reach with a 6S Plus than a 5S? Same plans, same areas, etc. Would the larger phone have a better powered antenna (or whatever) or even an iPad might give better/worse hotspot connections/service?

I couldn't find anything on the subject, if anyone has some technical knowledge or experience, it would be very interesting. Thanks!

2. ncbetz macrumors 6502

ncbetz

I don't know hard facts, but I have found that my 6s hotspot is faster than my brothers 5s.

3. Turnpike thread starter macrumors 6502

Turnpike

That's what I was wondering- I've found that a Macbook running off an iPhone wifi seems to be a smoother connection (faster?) than off of any other type of portable hotspot, and many times its crossed my mind that this is the case, quite consistently. I doubt there's any hard evidence of that either, but by now I'm almost sure that's the case.

Anyone else?

4. ncbetz macrumors 6502

ncbetz

Well, another thing is that if you upgrade to the 6s you will have a longer battery life, and likewise a longer time to use the hotspot.

5. Turnpike thread starter macrumors 6502

Turnpike

But the antenna and so on- those are the actual identical parts, right?