Any difference... (Touch from US v UK)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ikklejo, Jan 3, 2008.

1. ikklejo macrumors regular

Hi,
    Is there any difference from buying Ipod Touch in USA and using over here (UK)?
    Thanks
    J

2. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

The price is probably slightly cheaper in the U.S. at current exchange rates.

Lack of U.K. warranty. If it went wrong, then I would think you would have to ship it back to the U.S. to get it fixed. I doubt very much that Apple UK would want to fix a U.S. bought touch.

3. ikklejo thread starter macrumors regular

Ah true, never thought about it actually going wrong, but its all Apple products, so i would have thought they should fix it?? Fingers crossed it dont go wrong!!
    Cheers
    J

4. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

It may be an Apple product but warranties are different in other regions.

Be careful, a lot of people have had problems with the iPod touch and have had to return them. To me, its just not worth the small financial saving.

5. David G. macrumors 65816

What about the volume limiting? IIRC iPods bought in the UK are slightly quieter than ones in the US.

6. delude macrumors 6502

Really?!

7. 667-75 macrumors newbie

In Europe the maximum volume output of portable audio players is limited to 100db. I don't think there is a limit in the US, although there have been complaints against Apple and Ipods back in 2006, to which Apple responded by then releasing a new firmware that limited the volume output of iPods.

That's actually why there used to be programs such as GoPod, which enabled EU users to disable and get rid of that limit (luckily for EU users, it was just a software limit, not a hardware one). Unfortunately, GoPod development has been discontinued and as far as I can remember there's no way to do that on the Touch yet.

8. Gondry macrumors member

its pretty easy to change the regional volume limit, you just edit a plist file... look in the ipod touch hacks forum for how to do it.