Any dock that can fit Iphone 3G with elago case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by reardoma, Dec 22, 2008.

1. reardoma macrumors member

hi to all and a happy holidays -

I was looking for one of those clock/speaker/alarm things that charges the iphone 3G, like ihome, etc.

I have recently purchased the Elago backing case for my iphone, which is one of the slimmest you can get.... it covers the back only -

http://www.amazon.com/elago-iPhone-Slim-Fit-Case/dp/B001GZO10I

so with all the problems people are having finding these alarms/speakers that are compatible with the 3G version of the iPhone, does anyone know of one that can fit the 3G phone with this slim backing on it?

I know it's extremely lazy, but i'd rather not take the case off every night and then have to remember to put it on every morning.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.....

2. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

My experinces with cases it that they almost never fit any dock,

3. reardoma thread starter macrumors member

yes i agree.....

mine too, that's why i'm looking for any advice anyone can offer......

4. TheBearman macrumors 6502

That is one of the reasons I selected the switcheasy case. They ship with an insert for their case which works with most docs that support the replaceable doc insert.

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Read this thread. Mcmanus said it works well with his Seidio Innocase II for the iPhone 3G, so somehow that should also fit well with that kind of elago case you had. I just purchased it because he said it fits with a Switcheasy Rebel case.