Any docks that can send the iPod navigation screen to a TV?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by iMerlin, Nov 12, 2009.

1. iMerlin macrumors 6502a

iMerlin

Hello all, I did a search but this is kind of a specific question so I had a hard time finding anything.
    Im looking for a universal dock that can output AV, however all of the ones I have tried send only the video content and pictures I have stored on my iPod. None send the actual iPod navigation (like going from playlist to artist and so on... ) onto my screen. Its tough sitting on my couch having to get up just to navigate to a new playlist, even though I have the universal dock with the remote. It almost negates the need for the remote other than using it for FF and RW. Anyway, thoughts... suggestions?? Thanks

2. iMerlin thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMerlin

jessica! You are the girl! Where can I send the flowers to?

Thanks a bunch, Ill check this one out! Its a lot cheaper than the universal Apple one too.

3. Mattmilw macrumors newbie

I am intrigued by this dock. I'd love to hear anyone's experiences with it.

4. iMerlin thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMerlin

My friend at work ordered it the other day. ill post up his impressions after he gets it.

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Good luck, but I'm 99% sure that it will work just like all other iPod video out cables/adapters. It will output your video content to a TV, but not the navigation/menu screens. That particular model looks like you might get some menu feedback on the remote itself though.

The iPod as far as I've been able to tell just doesn't output menus through video out.

6. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

If you're jailbroken you can use ScreenSplitr (download it from Cydia). There's a bit of a lag (don't expect to be able to play games output to the TV) but I output TomTom from my iPhone to my car's built in screen and it works fine.