Any Dreamweaver like FREE mac program?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by jayeskreezy, May 9, 2009.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

I'm basically trying to edit my wordpress page and there's one thing that I can't figure out how to fix. I could benefit from something like Dreamweaver. I don't want to download the trial b/c once it expires it's a pain to get off the computer completely-all Adobe programs are.

I need to be able to have the actual page up in my program and click on the item to locate where it is so I can change it. It's driving me crazy. It's like I can find it when I view the page source and see the html, but everything is coded in PHP so I don't know which property to change in my CSS.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I really don't think Dreamweaver is going to make it any easier to find. If the code you're after is dynamic and being generated by PHP then you'll need to modify the PHP directly, which can be done with any text editor. If you post the PHP code and tell us more about what you need modified we may be able to assist.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

...if you are actually looking to change a CSS element, it doesn't matter what the PHP is if you're looking directly at the source since the PHP should have already generated the content at that point.

4. BertyBoy macrumors 6502

Start with the Web Developer plug-in for Firefox.

Perhaps also change to a better text / html / php / css editor, like Komodo Edit.