Any earbuds that connect to two devices simultaneously?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RMSko, Jan 3, 2017.

1. RMSko macrumors 6502

I'm in the market for a pair of earbuds, but I want them to be able to automatically switch between devices such that if I'm playing in one device and then pause that device and start playing in the second device, sound will automatically start coming out of the second device. My Bose QuietControl 30 bluetooth headphones do that, but I'd rather have earbuds and go completely wireless. Apple's AirPods don't do auto switching - you need to swipe and select so I'm wondering if any others do. Anyone know?

2. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

Bose sport wireless, read the thread about them, they are great.

3. RMSko thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, I know about them - I have the QuietControl 30, which is more or less the noise cancelling version of those (the Sport Wireless lets in ambient noise). However, I'm looking for something completely wireless and that's why I'm looking at earbuds.

4. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

No totally wireless earbuds offer multipoint. The AirPods come closest but not exactly what you're looking for.

5. RMSko thread starter macrumors 6502

So am I right that if you want to switch devices, the only way to do it is to go into settings and manually connect (which is a bit of a pain)?

6. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

If they don't support multipoint or W1, then yeah.