Any early impressions on performance vs iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kadin, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I know it's only been today since most have had the new one but anyone noticing any difference in snappiness with it compared to the 2? I don't have the new one yet and can't believe it could be faster but I imagine I'm probably wrong...

And I'm referring to just the general UI and such, not games. I know those will be better.

2. maclook macrumors 65816

There are moments when everything just seems super smooth compared to the 2, especially because of the retina display and the way everything pops on the screen. In general though, I think it's about the same experience as far as snappiness goes.

Note: I'm comparing after 2 weeks of not having an iPad after selling my iPad 2.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Seems about the same to me, which is saying its smooth because my iPad 2 was very smooth.

4. polbit macrumors 6502

polbit

5. Macclone macrumors 6502

Seems about the same, but the screen is amazing.

6. Kadin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Cool, thanks guys. I figured it would be but just wanted to check. Now to find the money and time to go get my grubby hands on one...

7. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

There shouldn't be much difference in speed. The iPad 2 even got a high benchmark score than the new iPad did, so don't expect a huge difference in speed.

8. dread macrumors 6502a

About the same. Wish there was a little more speed, but the iPad 2 never felt slow to me. The extra ram does make a difference for multitasking. More apps stay open in the bar.

9. lc8 macrumors newbie

I still have both and at first I didn't see or feel a huge difference but after handling and setting up my new iPad a few hours, and then switching back to the iPad 2, the difference was really remarkable. The retina display though largely contributed to a better iPad experience. I watched the same movie side by side and most definitely it looked better on the new iPad. Pictures are sharper too.