Any effective detox, colon-cleanse plans/drinks?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by niuniu, Apr 4, 2010.

1. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Pretty mucky subject I guess :D

Tried looking some up on Google, but turns out there's a zillion ways to burn your cash, and I'm betting more of it is pretty ineffective. Read an article about a Times journalist that went for a colon cleanse and he felt amazing afterwards.

Must be someone on here that's done one at home..

2. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

drink a couple shots of simple mineral oil will race right through you and do the trick if you are not fancying sticking an enema sack hose up your ass

3. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

That hose thing looks a bit hardcore. I can just imagine me in the bathroom, bent over, hose up rear end and the door bell goes off :eek:

Will look up the mineral oil though

4. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Have you looked into the Master Cleanse Diet? I know a few people who have done the 10 day plan and they have never felt better.

It is the lemonade maple syrup and some other goodies. There are lots of sites that talk about it etc. Nothing to buy from a specific company but the foods/ingredients you buy at your local store.

6. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

Nope haven't tried - I did see that it's popular, maybe worth a shot, though 10 days.. damn.

7. tooz macrumors 6502

Maybe try a cabbage diet?

(Only the Australians will get this one)

8. Hmac macrumors 68020

9. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

Gone vegetarian for a bit - figured now'd be a good time to do an internal makeover lol :D

10. Hmac macrumors 68020

I've never understood the concept or the rationale - makes absolutely no physiologic sense, but the placebo effect can be very powerful and I'm confident that "cleaning your colon" won't harm you. Have fun ;).

11. tooz macrumors 6502

12. Hmac macrumors 68020

"Cleaning your colon" makes you "trim"? How does that work?

13. tooz macrumors 6502

It's a reference to Kath & Kim, as was the cabbage diet above ^

You really have to be Australian to understand it.

14. Hmac macrumors 68020

Like vegemite?

15. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

16. jtmx29 macrumors regular

jtmx29

If you're honestly looking for a way to detox/cleanse your colon you should go on a high fiber diet for a couple weeks. Fiber will clean out your small intestine and fruits and vegetables combined will cleanse your body of toxins. Drink lots of water too!

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I did one on my own. Got a bottle of psyllium husks, fresh cherries, pomegranate juice, all raw food, no meat, and no booze for a month. I felt good. Then afterward, I ate a huge steak and drank a ton of bourbon. :) I still felt good. ;)

18. Hmac macrumors 68020

Why don't you guys who are so focused on your colons just clean it out with something simple like a standard colonoscopy prep? Some Gatorade, some Miralax, and a couple of OTC dulcolax tablets. Cheap, effective...6 hours and you're done. Your colon will be clean as a whistle and you can go on about your business for the next 24 hours intensely proud of your colon. After that, of course, you're back to square one....

19. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Or maybe realizing that colon cleaning is as much a fad as removing your ear wax completely.

I mean, to each their own, but you dont need to run your "A**hole by the carwash" to be healthy.

The idea that food remains in your colon, or anywhere in your body without disease causing the issue (like diverticulitis) is contrary to everything the human body does.

20. spoon man macrumors 6502a

spoon man

It's a shame you have gone vegi because there are two great meals that I know would clear your poop shoot clean if not destroy it completely. This will cost £10 or under depending on where you go.....Step 1 you should walk down to your local kebab house or the 1st dirty chip shop you find and order 1 large chips with donna kebab with salad and lots of mayo and chilli source and a can of Pepsi to wash it down with. Step 2 if not a fan of kebabs’ how about a nice chicken Tikka but the tikka saurce has to be really rich and creamy don’t mess around with rice have some chips and a few onion bargees and possibly and naan bread to mop up any extra tikka saurce.

I hope this helps clean if not I might possibly destroy it causing some possible discomfort when sitting down.

There's no need to thank me it's a public service I'm doing for you ;)

21. Hmac macrumors 68020

Yes. I'd love to take the time to review the psychology involved in the belief that one feels better and is more healthy after 24 hours of having an empty colon, or even more intriguing...shoving a hose up there and turning on the tap full blast. Gotta be some kind of psychopathology going on there - something to do with toilet training, probably...:D

22. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I think about 8 White Castles would do the trick :D

23. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

Beat me to it, although I was going to say go the whole nine yards and get the colonoscopy, too :D