any Elgato product that supports HDMI or component?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by felixen, Jun 15, 2010.

1. felixen macrumors 6502a

I just bought an EyeTV Hybrid without even considering that some current products still use S-VHS, composite or Scart. Well, I received the Hybrid in the mail and opened it up eager to hook it all up... And I see this nasty-ass S-VHS cable in the box, and instantly become mad at myself for not checking up on this before ordering (even though that shouldn't be necessary in 2010!). So what up, does Elgato have a product out that you can hook up with component, DVI or HDMI? I can live with 480p, even though I would MOST DEFINITELY appreciate 720p or 1080i/p.

Or am I so lucky that I only need to buy a component cable and it'll work fine with the Hybrid?

2. belvdr macrumors 603

Do you mean S-Video? You can easily check out Elgato's site as easily as we can. There's the EyeTV HD which is a DVR and requires a cable/satellite box.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Why do you want to research the product after you purchased it? These are questions that you should have asked prior to purchase.

4. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

The Hybrid stick is USB on one side and coaxial on the other.

5. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

I already explained that was my mistake so no need to point it out. I simply didnt consider that you could still buy tv products that only supports trashy signals. That's my bad. As for looking at elgato site myself I did that, but much of this stuff is confusing to me - i dont know if the product does what I need. I saw a thread in which people were discussing using component cables with the hybrid, so I am clueless if theere are any workarounds. I'm returning this stuff

6. Anastacio macrumors regular

So I can connect my cable-tv to the Hybrid stick, correct?

7. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

You connect it to the cable straight from the wall. You will only be able to receive the QAM channels, though. Any channel encrypted by your cable provider will not be available.