Any Email Application that can work for iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AkiNikoTanTan, Sep 18, 2007.

1. AkiNikoTanTan macrumors member

If i can use it to check mails where ever i am within my Univ Campus, that will be great! i dun wanna access it through safari, thats gonna be kinda troublesome. Anyone please enlighten me , thanks! :)

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Hackers are busy trying to break into the iPod, in order to put the iPhone's Mail app onto it...be patient and it will come soon :)

3. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

im not aware of any applications running on the touch other than the native ones yet, but it there will be some 3rd party applications and iphone applications available for download, but will they have to be installed by 3rd party programs, in the coming weeks

4. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

anyone have any experience with GMail on the iPhone or iPod? Thats what i use so hopefully it wont be to bad.

5. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

You're a university student? :rolleyes:

6. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

There are two gmail formats, standard and html. with html you can do everything except compose an email (you can address the email but when you go the body and you select the body no keyboard pops up). so you have to go down to the bottom of the page and select html, in html you can do everything.

HTML-everything
    Standard-everything except composing a message.

you can look at the differences between html and standard in a normal web browser.

I use gmail all the time on it and I have no real problems, the only thing I dont like is you have to type in the whole email address when composing a message because you cant select gmail's suggestions.

7. AkiNikoTanTan thread starter macrumors member

yes i am. Majoring in Communication Engineering.you too?