General Any emulators that would let me project to AppleTV?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by docgerrard, Jun 14, 2013.

1. docgerrard macrumors 6502

I mean have the video on AppleTV and use the iphone as a remote.

Thanks!

2. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

Do you want to stream from your iphone? UnrestrictPremium will allow video straming to ATV through any app via Airplay.

Or do you just want to use your iphone as a remote to control ATV? Remote in the App Store will allow you to do that.

3. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

So, you're looking for game emulators with native TV output? I don't know of any, particularly not of JB-only ones. However, why don't you just use screen mirroring?

Or, alternatively, are you looking for emulators with remote control capabilities? This setup, as long as you don't use a Bluetooth controller, would require two iOS devices. The one functioning as the controller can be an old one like even an iPhone 3G or an old iPod touch.

4. docgerrard thread starter macrumors 6502

Dang yeah I am looking for something that would let me use the iPhone as a control and just airplay the actual game to apple tv

I guess thats too good to be true though

5. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

So, you have one device and you have an AirPlay mirroring-capable (that is, A5+-based) device? Then, all current game & console emulators will work.

Note that, however, wireless AirPlay is just too slow for action games. You'll want to prefer wired TV out, preferably on a pre-Lightning device (the Lightning-based hdmi / VGA adapters also have some lag, albeit not as bad as wireless AirPlay.)