Any experience getting memory form US to EU?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by TFT, Jan 24, 2008.

1. TFT macrumors member

Now, with the MP on its way and my old PB on its way to be fixed or turned into a media centre it is shopping time for memory and HD.

HD are easy and cheap .... but memory seems really chep in US (OWC, Trans Int.). Did anybody in Europe (belgium/netherlands) order from US? And if so, what was the import duty? So far 2Gb mod here goes for almost 150 euros (200$)!!
    Thanks.

TFT

2. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I'm actually thinking a similar thing about UK, because it doesn't seem that anywhere in UK has the new Mac Pro compatible RAM

3. Sepharial macrumors newbie

I bought 4x2Gb modules from OWC and everything worked out smooth. The tax/vat was 660 swedish kronor.. thats around 60 Euro.

Regards,

Patrick

4. TFT thread starter macrumors member

Sep - thanks for the info. What is the VAT in sweden?
    I am seriously thinking to try OWC then. SO much cheaper.

5. Inlakech macrumors newbie

I bought 8x 2 GB OWC Ram. Shipping to germany went really smooth. Although having to pay 115 Euro of taxes, it's still a real bargain.

6. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

I bought 4 x 1GB for my 2.66 Mac Pro from Omni Technologies via ebay. It was a bargain and service was really quick. 2 sticks had to be returned due to ECC errors and this was also dealt with in a prompt, efficient manner. A quick phone call to fedex ensured that HM Customs misunderstanding was resolved and I didn't have to pay import duty on the replacement sticks.