Any experience only using screen protectors? (No case)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Vidd, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

I've used a case for my iPhone 4S since I got it but I've been thinking recently about how it adds considerable bulk and makes it look a lot less appealing.

Has anyone used it "naked" albeit with screen guards for an extended period? My chief concern is how the camera is flush with the back.

2. ihonda macrumors 68000

Don't be an ******* and lay your phone down in sand or slide it across a table and you won't have a problem.. I've been naked on the 4S with no issues only screen protector.

3. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I've had my 4 since launch day, never had a screen protector, never been in a case or a bumper.

It's pristine. That includes the camera.

I've never kept any of my iPhones in a case or skin, and never had a problem. Not even with the plastic backs of the 3G and 3GS.

4. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I used the 4 for a time with only skins on front/back and I really liked it that way. Due to putting it in and out of pockets etc, they eventually started peeling off at the corners and I broke down and got a case. However, I ordered BSE's to use on the 5...I'd rather not have a case.

5. Vidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Vidd

You're much braver than me! :D

As for the other two replies, that's great to hear. Wearing at the edges was one of the reasons I used my current case but I'm not sure it's worth the bulk any more.

6. amyangel macrumors member

on my IP 3GS and 4 i always used the invisible shield from ZAGG. not the cheapest but really does protect my phone. it's lifetime replacement and warranty. replacement is only $5 for the front (labor) personally its been great and no edge lifting (i did the front only on my IP4)

I have it on my 1st gen ipad too no problems there, although i didn't get it on the ipad 3.

i'm more than likely to get it on my IP5 front and a thin hard case

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Yup. Haven't had any problems with the camera but YMMV. Be careful relying on the anecdotal evidence of others.