Any experience with InvisibleShield for MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by machomer, Jul 2, 2007.

1. machomer macrumors regular

I just bought the Speck Clear Hard case for my MBP and it does its job so far. I was hesitant at first because of past reviewers saying that their computer was scratched because case traps dust and particles between the MBP and the case. I like the natural look of the MBP, but don't want anything to happen the outer shells.

Would anyone recommend going with the InvisbileShield and the Speck Case?

What's anyones experience with InvisibleShield, and applying it?

I figure that the InvisibleShield would prevent scratches and the Speck Case would prevent dents and bents.

Is this overkill? :D

2. tango554 macrumors member

I think so.

I did not use invisible shield, insted I bought a bestskinsever. Apparently the same thing, only cheaper.

The bestskinsever is pretty cool. It does an excellent job at preventing scratches, while not taking away from the design. The texture of the skin, when applied is similar to the feel of an ibook g4, but with more grip. I cut a piece for the spacebar and skipped the trackpad...I figure I'd lose responsiveness.

The speck case is ugly. Get a good bag to prevent dents.

3. machomer thread starter macrumors regular

Speck Case

Too late, I already have it. It does take away from the great look and makes it look less of a MBP, since it is so glossy, but I rather have that then dents.

How difficult was applying the bestskinsever? You have any tips on applying it?

4. tango554 macrumors member

It wasn't difficult, just tedious. Set aside an hour or two to get it right. When applying the top and big bottom piece, ask a friend for help. The skin will stick to itsef otherwise.

5. dastly75 macrumors newbie

I personally love the speck cases. I wouldn't worry about scratches to the screen but that's just me.