Any experience with the new trackpad yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Yr Blues, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

It looks so luxurious. Like double wide streets. I hear that the click-distance is shorter in the back than the front. How's it handle copy-and-paste?

2. Maximillian macrumors 6502

Having had mine for less than an hour, I'm enjoying it. I haven't been confused by the lack of the button and yes, the back/top of the pad is almost non-clickable. Nice and smooth.

3. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

I wonder what the reasoning behind that is.

4. eidrunner247 macrumors 6502

Somehow, I think that the new trackpad is something that I have to try before making the leap

5. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

Hopefully not bad like the Mighty Mouse, but so far I hear only good reports.

6. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Same here, I have yet to hear a negative report, especially for something that I thought was going to be a poor feature.

7. JRSimmons macrumors newbie

I was in the Apple store ealier, and got to try the new MB aside the MBA (&MBP)
    The trackpad is nice, I can't tell the difference in feel between the texture on the new and on the old model. Apart from color..
    The clickable part is only the bottom half, and you do need quite a bit of pressure to actually click it. The four finger gesture is cool, and def a time saver!!

8. Terwal macrumors regular

For what it's worth: when to the Apple store today and saw the MacBook for the first time. I played with it for maybe 10 minutes. It only at the 9th that I realized/remembered that the trackpad had no button... I guess it is a good thing.

9. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

More than the previous button?

10. JRSimmons macrumors newbie

Yes, but not so much that it would piss you off.

I'd personally set the preferances so you can just one finger tap anyway. I never use the button on my White MB.

11. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

That was never reliable for me, so I usually have the tap button off. Hopefully it's improved on the new MB. I like the less-is-more innovations that they push. They just need to make it work correctly.