Any fans of Dragonlance?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by angelneo, Dec 3, 2007.

1. angelneo macrumors 68000

Just checking anyone is a fan of the dragonlance series. I just caught the trailer for the upcoming animation series, featuring Kiefer Sutherland, Lucy Lawless.

Just one word. Awful and I just love this comment.
    "our love for Dragonlance will made us see this crap"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcnoKnuWus8

2. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

eeww :eek:

their graphic approach looks 20/30 yrs old, and even from the trailers it appears internally inconsistent.
    you'd expect a giant japanese robot from the 70's to pop out at any time, or maybe one of the masters of the universe.

the only frame that looks decent is that containing the logo of the saga...

PASS.

3. Fezwick macrumors 6502

Wow. That is especially hideous.

I heard about this movie last year at GenCon. From what Weiss and Hickman said it sounded great. After seeing that trailer though, I've lost hope. I would have preferred a live action movie, but apparently they couldn't do that due to budget constraints. The animation looks terrible and the CGI just looks out of place. Even the announcer sounded awful.

Despite all my bitching I'll end up buying it. DL is just too good to pass up.

4. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

I love dragonlance and have been waiting for the movie since I first read the books years ago. It is sad if they do a substandard job with this. I don't see why they couldn't make it a live action film. There are millions of dragonlance fans that would love to see the books done justice. :(

5. angelneo thread starter macrumors 68000

It's just too depressing. I was so thrilled when I heard Keifer Sutherland is voicing for Raistlin.. sigh :( :( :( :(

6. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis